Leidos currently has an opening for a Software Engineer to work in our St. Petersburg, Florida office. This is an opportunity to use your skills supporting the development of real time, embedded, mission critical systems.
The Software Engineer will assist in the development of mission critical software written in C++. The person will be part of a software development team utilizing object oriented design methodologies modeled in UML. The initial focus of this position is participating in the design and implementation of software supporting MANET communications, sensor integration, and/or data fusion. Additional tasking and responsibilities are expected over time.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Participate in the design, code and test software to support real time, embedded, software systems
- Ensure that developed code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, and fault tolerant
- Perform integration and test of software on varying hardware platforms
- Support all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, system design, software development, integration and test, documentation, and maintenance, for complex software system/applications.
- BS degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
- 2+ years’ experience all phases of Software Engineering including requirements, design, code, test and integration
- 2+ years’ experience with C/C++
- 2+ years of Linux experience
- Real-time software development experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with Java
- Experience with Rhapsody
- Experience in Agile development methods, including Scrum
- Knowledge of or experience with UML, object oriented design, model driven development
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.