Leidos has an immediate opening for a Sr. IT Project Manager (Technologies: Microsoft Windows Server & Workstation, Red Hat Linux Servers, NetApp Storage Systems, Cisco Networking Components, VMware virtualization system). Work will be performed at Suitland, Maryland.
**This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance with the ability to obtain a CI Polygraph. The position also requires periodic on-call after hours support.
The IT Project Manager serves as a technology expert, managing projects and performing work that involves major multi-year IT initiatives. The IT Project Manager provides specialized technical guidance and recommends, with the support of the IT engineering staff, sound, strategic technical solutions to the customer. The IT Project Manager works with IT engineering and Information Assurance (IA) staff to formulate appropriate project plans and schedules for customer approved initiatives. The IT Project Manager provides technical and programmatic leadership in the coordination and execution of all contract efforts, and is accountable for the overall technical and financial success of the project.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts analyses, develops project goals, objectives, and strategies consistent with IC community and customer requirements.
- Plans and develops objectives and milestones for strategic long-range Information Technology (IT) projects that support customer mission objectives. These projects can include implementing enterprise-level applications, development of customized software applications and/or changes to IT infrastructure to meet organizational objectives.
- Responsible for developing long-term infrastructure recapitalization plans incorporating strategic IT architecture changes and technology upgrades.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of virtualization technology, cloud architectures and implementations, storage system technology, multi-level security systems and networking infrastructure components.
- Analyzes statutory requirements against existing directives to assess the degree of policy changes necessary to comply with new IT project and/or IT system security requirements.
- Reconciles conflicts between basic IA policies and IT project goals during the formulation of IT system solutions.
- Provides analysis and recommendations to customer leadership on issues related to information system security in the light of recommended enhancements and upgrades.
- Serves as a consultant and confidential advisor to senior leadership on highly technical issues relating to policy, planning and organization matters.
- Responsible for the management of the day-to-day operational sustainment of the customer’s 24-7 operational enterprise.
- Maintains responsiveness to mission critical system operations, ensuring rapid attention to system performance degradations and/or failures.
- Develops and implements project management procedures, tools, templates, activities, and infrastructure to ensure successful reporting and execution of all contract efforts. Collaborates with corporate organizations (Contracts, Finance, and Security) as appropriate to achieve programmatic requirements.
- Conducts formal and informal customer and corporate program reviews to report project technical, financial and contractual performance and status.
- Supports the development, review and delivery of required contractual documentation.
- Performs as line-supervisor for IT staff assigned to the project. Working with corporate recruiting and HR, responsible for staff acquisition and termination as required. As employee supervisor, supports employee professional development through periodic employee goal assessments and performance reviews.
- BS (or equivalent) in Computer Science or similar related computer engineering disciple and a minimum of 8 years of relevant IT project management experience or a Master's degree in Computer Science or similar related computer engineering disciple and a minimum of 6 years of relevant IT project management experience
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Previous experience leading teams and IT projects
- Windows and Linux engineering experience preferred
- PMP certification is highly preferred.
- MCSE certification highly preferred
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.