Leidos Maritime System Solutions (MSS) is seeking an Acoustics Production Manager to support our Silvertip customer located at NIWC Systems Center, San Diego, CA. This position will require an active Secret Clearance to be considered. The Production Manager will be responsible for planning, preparing, issuing and controlling production schedules and coordinating the flow of materials to meet production requirements. Duties may include scheduling equipment and personnel; confirming material supply and demands; and preparing work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts based on a master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirements.
Specific work items to be performed include:
- Manage a small team of technicians and engineers to meet all acoustic production requirements
- Manage and maintain schedules
- Manage inventory and procurement
- Manage and maintain quality assurance
- Plan and coordinate off-site testing events
- Project management experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Visio
- Experience in Microsoft Project a plus
- Experience in Altium or other PCB layout software a plus
- Experience in Solid Works or other CAD software a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Active Secret Security Clearance preferred
- Knowledge of CMMI Level 3 processes
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Some training in Project Management
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Prod Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.