Leidos has a job opening for a Program Financial Analyst, Lead in the Washington D.C Metro area to include the MD and VA areas. The Program Finance Analyst, Lead is responsible for planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting on projects of various contract type, size, complexity, and level of risk. Individuals in this role have significant interface with Project Managers, Contracts, Senior Technical Personnel, as well as other organizations. The individual will work directly with the program manager to help define the program's goals, create and maintain a program's budget, schedule and prepare EAC. They will prepare and present financial forecasts, reports and help with new business proposals for the customer
- Program life-cycle activities such as project setup/ maintenance, invoicing support, accruals, financial projections, and month end close.
- Development of program annual operating plans (AOP) and Quarterly Forecasts.
- Reporting and variance analysis to include Revenue, Profitability, Cash Generation, Backlog, Risk and Opportunities.
- Development and maintenance of Estimates at Completion (EAC)s
- Managing subcontractor hours and costs and assessing funding needs
- Implementation of financial policies and procedures in support of projects.
- Significant interaction with the Finance Manager, Program Manager, and may involve interaction with Ops/Line Management, Finance personnel, Contracts personnel, Procurement, senior technical personnel, and various other functional or support organizations.
- Proposal Pricing & Analysis.
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and makes contributions through statistical reporting, analysis, estimates, and auditing.
- Supports the preparation of written, verbal, and quantitative reports for customer deliverables providing thorough walk through of invoices, deliverable content, issue identification/resolution, etc.
- Bachelors degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Proficiency in MS Excel or other similar desktop tools that provide capabilities to collect and analyze information.
- Strong analytical, communication, and presentations skills, and the ability to operate independently.
- Program Finance experience, familiar with multiple contract types.
- Experience utilizing Leidos financial systems: Fusion, Deltek Costpoint, SLICS and OBI
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Program Financial Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.