No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Leidos is seeking to hire a high-performing person who will oversee management of controlled classified material and facilities for the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Offices of the Executive Secretariat and Management and Budget. This position requires an experienced person with demonstrated classified matter protection and control knowledge and experience and a strong background in security program management. This is a full-time, on-site position located in NNSA offices located in the Department of Energy (DOE) Forrestal building, Washington, DC.
• Operating, accessing, securing, and maintaining a classified matter control facility following all DOE directives and federal regulations (including conducting inspections and end-of-day checks on all vaults, safes, etc. and opening/securing facilities on a daily basis).
• Serving as the subject matter expert on classified matter protection and control for NNSA.
• Developing and maintaining standard operating procedures and checklists for operation and protection of vault, limited access area, and secure storage containers.
• Implementing controls on incoming and outgoing classified matter including tracking, handling, processing, packaging, moving and managing classified and unclassified correspondence/documents.
• Receiving, controlling, and safeguarding classified matter. Identifying classified matter that must be accounted for and the accountability mechanisms to be used by HQ elements. Updating and maintaining appropriate records (e.g., database and hardcopy) of security control actions.
• Serving as an expert for classified matter creation, classification marking, processing, packaging, accountability, and storage including consulting to and advising all users of the proper marking, packaging, reproduction, destruction, and processing requirements for classified documents.
• Applying proper safeguards for storage, distribution, and handling of all classified matter (e.g., letters, memorandums, reports, books, binders, CDs/DVDs, etc.) including using controlled tracking and disposal.
• Ensuring all items are marked and stored properly; maintaining and managing secure storage containers; regularly reviewing material in storage containers to ensure compliance; and using an organized filing system that allows documents to be identified and located quickly.
• Coordinating classified correspondence pick up and messenger services and providing expert consultation on markings, packaging, and hand-carrying rules and instructions.
• Maintaining open communication between the classified control center team and the Executive Secretariat Director and staff regarding workload, priorities, upcoming tasks, closed-out tasks, and other work.
• Assisting, collaborating, and coordinating with other security offices, other locations, and other government organizations.
• Interpreting security policy on matters pertaining to processing, dissemination, and control of classified material.
• Monitor and manage security operations and provide customer with status reports and recommendations.
• Apply experience in supporting security concepts, principles, and practices to analyze and resolve classified matter protection issues.
• Conduct security self-inspections, apply risk mitigation methodologies, support customer assessments, and implement security measure to meet requirements.
• Bachelor degree with 4-8 year of relevant experience
• Active DOE Q or DOD TS clearance
• Expert knowledge and experience with security regulations, requirements, and DOE directives, particularly the DOE Classified Matter Protection and Control section of the DOE Headquarters Facilities Master Security Plan (or similar DOD directives).
• Expert knowledge and demonstrated ability to respond to inquiries pertaining to classified document markings and accountability requirements
• Extensive experience with managing a classified matter control center.
• In depth knowledge of procedures for all operations for controlling classified matter including identifying and handling matter generated by foreign governments.
• Evidence of completing Classified Matter Protection and Control training.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and identify priorities, communicate those priorities, and reprioritize as necessary.
• At least 5 years of overall work experience supporting federal government programs (e.g., DOE, DOD, DHS, etc.)
• Evidence of completing specialized Classified Matter Protection and Control training.
• Knowledge of NNSA, its missions, leadership, offices, and responsibilities
• Previous experience handing inter-governmental communications (e.g., DOE, DOD, White House, Congress, etc.)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.