No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs! Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear.
Leidos is seeking a principal Windows Systems Engineer to join our team in support of a federal law enforcement agency. The selected candidate will be given an opportunity to exercise and expand his or her skills in an enterprise environment filled with unique challenges. Viewed as a technical subject matter expert. The successful candidate will be a thought leader and implement solutions leveraging industry best practices.
A passion for information technology, problem-solving, and a desire to continuously learn are indicators of the success of this role. The position is expansive and additional responsibilities may be assigned.
Some of the responsibilities associated with this position include:
- Provide technical leadership for project-based assignments
-Design and define system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
-Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Complete technical documentation to design, test, implement, train, and transition solutions to operational support.
- Serve as Tier III system support for operational systems as required.
• Work in partnership with other teams to identify requirements and deliverables
• Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
• Prepares and manages new systems; following program guidelines for documentation for transition to operations.
• Interacts with customers and appropriate representatives to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage the requirements.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
• Participates in special projects as required.
Must currently possess a Secret security clearance
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS in Computer Science or related field, and a minimum of 8 years' relevant experience, or Masters with 6 years' relevant experience. Additional years of experience, and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
• Enterprise Windows, Active Directory and Virtualization experience
• Prior project leadership experience to design, document and implement infrastructure solutions to solve business problems.
• Enterprise-class infrastructure/system engineering experience with Microsoft platforms running on servers utilizing direct-attached and SAN attached storage to design and implement system infrastructure upgrades.
• Advanced experience designing, implementing and managing high availability/ clustering and disaster recovery environments
• Supports establishment of plans and templates in line with the overall technical architecture format and program infrastructure platform.
• Ability to plan, manage time according to schedules, and provide timely status updates
• Ability to quickly learns new tools and resolves issues using all available resources.
• VMware & Hyper-V infrastructure troubleshooting experience
• Hands on experience with tiered storage, replication, DR, and snap shot technologies.
• Working knowledge of integrated converged stack infrastructure & hyper convergence stacks
• Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IP Networking VPN's, switching, and routing
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Proactive thinker and self-starter, must be able to innovate and think out of the box
• Scripting experience preferred (Batch, WMI, VBScript, PowerShell)
• Intermediate VMware experience. VCP 5 or higher certification a plus.
• HP storage and/or DELL EMC experience a plus.
• Foundational knowledge around Linux systems preferably with Redhat Linux
• Strongly desire MS clustering, high availability, backup and disaster recovery design and implementation experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.