The National Solutions Group at Leidos has an opening for a Systems Engineer in direct support the R2 program located in Aurora, Colorado. The position will be responsible for ITIL based process development and implementation, and supporting continuous service improvement (CSI) initiatives for Tier 2 hardware Operations and Maintenance (O&M) across multiple OCONUS locations. Duties include performing requirements analysis, performance assessment and reporting, metrics collection and analysis, workflow and process alignment across locations. A background in logistics management, procurement methods and vendor relationships is a plus. Candidates must be able to work in a fast moving environment with many moving parts and must be able to juggle several tasks at once.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
As an R2 Systems Engineer you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with a team of other engineers to collaborate across program boundaries to shape the interface and interactions with other service providers
- Be responsible for communicating and collaborating with the customer team; communicate and actively engage with the program work force; capitalizing on efficiencies and cost reductions opportunities
- Work with customers to ensure data quality, availability, and response to a variety of data calls
- Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and constructively as part of a team
- Occasional OCONUS and CONUS travel to sites for installation and maintenance
- An active TS/SCI with a polygraph is required in order to be considered for this position.
- ITIL V3 certification
- Understanding of Lean Six Sigma DMAIC methodologies
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.