The Defense group with Leidos is seeking a Navy Surface Sonar Technician who will support AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 systems ashore and afloat. Candidate will be part of a US Navy In-service Engineering Activity responsible for system installation, certification, and operations and maintenance.
• Work closely with the customer to support the AN/SQQ-89(V)15 US Navy and FMS systems
• Provide subject matter expertise to analyze and evaluate UnderSea Warfare (USW) equipment network approaches, methodology, techniques, and products
• Requires BS degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience (additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree)
• Prior experience with network engineering support for DoD programs
• Excellent written communication and grammatical skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Experience working directly with other engineers and DoD customers
• Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and coordinate deadlines
• Must maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
• Minimum of three (3) years demonstrated experience with a working knowledge of Linux, networking theory, and network hardware (Cisco and/or HP) related to Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW). **Demonstrated experience may be substituted with certification. **Linux certifications for experience substitution may include:
o CompTIA Linux+
o Junior Level Linux Certification (LPIC-1)
o Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or equivalent
o Networking certifications for experience substitution may include:
o Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
o Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT)
o Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
o HP Accredited Platform Specialist (APS) - Networking
o HP Accredited Integration Specialist (AIS) - Network Infrastructure or equivalent
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Active Secret clearance required.
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
• IT rating in Navy
• USN Shipboard Linux Technician
• Shipboard experience
• System LAN operation and administration
• Fault Detection / Isolation / Localization
• Remove and replace procedures
• AN/SQQ-89A (V) 15 Technician
• AEGIS Technician
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.