Leidos is seeking an Industrial Engineering Co-op for our Long Beach, MS office. We are seeking a candidate to work with our engineering and production teams as we develop and produce cutting-edge solutions to challenging defense-related problems. As a co-op, you will work with experienced engineers in a hands-on environment which offers the opportunity to work on real-world problems. You will apply what you have already learned while gaining additional skills and knowledge.
- Work under the direction of the manufacturing manager.
- Assure assembly lines are ready for production of new assemblies.
- Develop layout and routes (work cells) for material handlers to maximize employee and equipment utilization.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement projects (Kaizens).
- Work with quality control to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, and minimize cost.
- Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
- Design and update carts to support material flow in the plant.
- Design and improve material layouts in the warehouse.
- Support the materials organization on any other design tasks as necessary.
- Communicate with management and user personnel to develop production and design standards.
- Enrolled in industrial engineering degree program
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated with the ability to learn about new processes and procedures
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel
- U.S. citizen- Ability to obtain DoD security clearance
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing methods, Kaizen, Six Sigma
- Familiarity with ISO9001
- Experience working on electrical or mechanical assemblies
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.