Leidos is seeking a Mechanical Engineering Co-op for our Long Beach, MS office. We are seeking a candidate to work with our engineering and production teams as we develop and produce cutting-edge solutions to challenging defense-related problems. As a co-op, you will work with experienced engineers in a hands-on environment which offers the opportunity to work on real-world problems. You will apply what you have already learned while gaining additional skills and knowledge as you work under the direction (mentoring) of a more senior engineer.
- Creation of complex models and detailed drawings using SolidWorks.
- Assist in the design, development, analysis and documentation of mechanical hardware and/or systems.
- Work with production staff to ensure products are manufactured as designed and in a timely fashion.
- Participate in product verification testing designed to ensure requirements are being met.
- Assist in compilation and completion of technical documentation such as CAD models and drawings.
- Enrolled in an ABET-accredited mechanical engineering degree program
- Completion of freshman-level engineering curriculum
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills; ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated with the desire to learn and perform diverse work
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel
- U.S. citizen- Ability to obtain DoD security clearance
- Practical knowledge of SolidWorks
- Hands-on experience working on mechanical assemblies
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.