Leidos is seeking an Electrical Engineering Co-op for our Long Beach, MS office. We are seeking a candidate to work with our engineering and production teams as we develop and produce cutting-edge solutions to challenging defense-related problems. As a co-op, you will work with experienced electrical engineers in a hands-on environment which offers the opportunity to work on real-world problems. You will apply what you have already learned while gaining additional skills and knowledge as you work under the direction (mentoring) of a more senior engineer.
- Perform Circuit Analysis and simulation.
- Assist with testing, debugging, and verifying of circuits and systems.
- Assist with the design modifications or improvements to existing analog and digital circuits.
- Research electronic components.
- Use of laboratory instruments to perform basic verification testing.
- Assist in development of tests and test procedures.
- Enrolled in an ABET-accredited electrical engineering degree program
- Completion of freshman-level engineering curriculum
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel
- U.S. citizen- Ability to obtain DoD security clearance
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Completion of some circuit analysis courses
- Experience with a SPICE-based simulator
- Experience with engineering design tools (schematic or layout design)
- General knowledge of a hardware descriptive language (VHDL/Verilog)
- Knowledge of MATLAB or Python
- Familiarity with Linux
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.