The Maritime software team has immediate openings for CyberSecurity / Information Assurance Analysts to support the development and production environments for unmanned surface vessels. These openings are located in Arlington, VA and Long Beach, MS, working with a team that is working on ground-breaking projects of national importance.
The successful candidate will collaborate with the team to implement and maintain both RMF-based controls on program computers and NIST SP800-171 CUI guidelines on development systems. The candidate will work closely with the development team to diagnose problems as they occur and develop solutions for controls for the system under development. The candidate will be committed to working with the team for the success of the project. This is a position is one where co-operation to solve problems is important.
The majority of the systems are Linux, with isolated Windows systems hosting third party applications or virtual machines. The candidate should be prepared to assist with identifying the implementation of controls and overseeing these changes.
The candidate may perform limited travel between Leidos offices supporting this effort and the locations where unmanned ships are being tested, mainly in the Norfolk, VA and San Diego, CA areas, to assist with accreditation efforts and implementing controls.
- The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting the development and fielding efforts including testing/installation of Linux and Windows operating systems and application hardening consistent with the current status of cyber security regulations and existing Authority to Operate (ATO).
- Candidate will be expected to apply current cyber and Risk Management Framework (RMF) protocols to complex server, network and interconnected systems to resolve and satisfy the conditions necessary to achieve an Authority to Operate (ATO) if one does not exist.
- Candidate will be expected to have enough familiarity with multiple systems that they can function i within a team of engineers and support a cross functional approach to resolving the myriad of issues confronting applications and systems operating within a highly complex and interconnected networked environment.
- A successful candidate will be capable of taking ownership of applicable systems of the solution and pursuing the implementation across multiple technical areas.
- Candidate must have experience with the application of DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to operating Systems, Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) monitoring and application, system vulnerability scanning and mitigation of findings, and remediation of findings.
- Capability to independently design, develop, and implement solutions that meet network and system security requirements and perform vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems, networks and applications in conjunction with the tasking being simultaneously performed by the other Cyber professionals, network staff, other teammates and Government staff.
To be successful you must be able to define the solution, communicate it to the stakeholders, convince them it is adequate, and then implement it within the context of a larger effort.
- Bachelors of Science (BS) in related technical area and minimum 2 years relevant experience. Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must meet DoD 8570.01-M baseline certifications for IAT Level II (preferably Security + CE and computing environment) within 6 months of assignment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Experience recommending additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Experience supporting the formal Cybersecurity/IA testing required by government accrediting authorities, and preparing System Security Plans.
- Experience with Linux
- Existing DoD 8570.01-M baseline certifications for IAT Level I or Level II, especially Red Hat Linux certifications.
- Active Secret Clearance highly preferred
- Experience supporting Information Assurance Assess and Authority (A&A) and associated IA processes, procedures, and activities with capability and expertise to implement DoDD 8530.1, DoDD 8500.2, DoDI 8510.1, DoDI 8510.01 and other applicable NIST and CNSS IA directives, instructions, guidelines.
- Experience in development of end user operating manuals, and documentation,
- Experience with Virtualization, particularly Vmware/Vsphere.
- Experience in Federal Information System Management Act (FISMA) reporting, DoD Information Technology Portfolio Repository (DITPR) and other information assurance assurance-related compliance reporting.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.