At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
The Leidos Defense, Airborne Solutions Group currently has a dynamic career opportunity for a Ground & Flight Test Engineer in support of our Airborne Reconnaissance Low Enhanced (ARL-E) program, located in Manassas, VA. The ARL-E team is geo-graphically separated with primary duty locations that include Manassas, VA and Aberdeen, MD. ARL-E is a multi-year program supporting the U.S. Army with upgrading and enhancing the Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities of their airborne reconnaissance fleet.
As the Ground & Flight Test Engineer, you will perform day-to-day execution of the Test and Evaluation program for an Airborne ISR (AISR) system. As the Ground & Flight Test Engineer, you will participate as part of a multi-company team to develop, document, and execute a Test and Evaluation Program within this AISR program.
- Participate in test planning meetings
- Create test procedures to meet system performance requirements
- Execute test procedures
- Document test results
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
- An active DoD Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret SCI clearance
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience; additional years of experience allowed in lieu of a degree.
- Civilian and/or military experience with ISR programs and familiarity with Airborne operations
- Possess strong problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook).
- Pass a Class II flight physical and altitude chamber test within 60 days from date of start.
- A minimum of 25% travel may be required to support training and test events at each of the primary duty locations as well as CONUS test ranges.
- Experience in formal testing and documentation to include Developmental Test and Evaluation (DT&E), Limited User Test (LUT), and Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E)
- Experience with integrating networking hardware/software into ISR Ground Stations and Airborne Platforms
- Understanding of Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) architecture
- Electro Optical, Infrared (EO/IR) sensor experience
- Full Motion Video (FMV) experience
- Hyperspectral Imagery (HSI) sensor experience to include BIG GREEN, ACES-HY, and PeARL
- Communications Intelligence (COMINT) sensor experience to include PRISM and BANSHEE
- MX Series sensors (MX-15, MX-20)
- PRC radios/COMSEC
- Security + and/or Networking+
- Working knowledge of RedHat Linux, VMware, and ESXI
- LOS/BLOS data link systems
-Knowledge of formal Test and Evaluation plans, procedures, and the verification & validation (V&V) process to meet government requirements.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.