Come put your software engineering skills into action! The Leidos Defense Group has openings for talented Software Engineers to come work in Bellevue, NE. This position will support the quality review applications, MPACS, for United States Strategic Command. MPACS provides applications that support the development, analysis, and maintenance of the nation’s nuclear plan by providing tools for data management, quality review, analysis, damage calculations, analysis, and geospatial visualization.
In this role, you will join a dynamic team that is singularly focused on providing world-class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive environment that leverages Scrum-based software development methodologies and tools.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters
- Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application, and serve as a technical lead on medium to large, complex projects
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
- Communicate progress against plan to senior engineers and project managers, including identifying risks, opportunities, and dependencies
- Ensure team adheres to Agile processes and software engineering best practices
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first
- Mentor other engineers in the art of building complex, web scale systems
- Position requires US citizenship and ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 4-8 years of software engineering experience.
- Strong proficiency consuming Web Services using SOAP, REST, JSON.
- Strong proficiency with frontend technology trends combined with a solid understanding/experience of popular front-end frameworks like ReactJS, Angular, etc.
- Strong proficiency with frontend development environments and toolsets like Grunt/Gulp, Bower, Yeoman.
- Strong proficiency with front-end unit testing tools like Jasmine and Mocha.
- Advanced debugging skills to resolve system-wide technical problems.
- Deep understanding of software design patterns.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as working with a team.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git)
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira)
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.)
- Proficiency with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Active DoD security clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.