Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Hybrid Cloud and Hosting Services Manager to support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) – Information Technology (IT) program.
The Army Corps of Engineers – Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 40,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers.
ACE-IT provides direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning, and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency IT services. Leidos is actively seeking personnel to support USACE headquarters locations in Washington, DC; Vicksburg, MS; Huntsville, AL; and Hillsboro, OR; across other USACE locations; and virtual positions.
The Hybrid Cloud and Hosting Services Manager is located in Vicksburg MS or Hillsboro, OR. In this role, you will be responsible for Hybrid Cloud, Virtualization, Storage, Unix and Database Services across the USACE enterprise. In this role, you will provide technical oversight and management including designing solutions for the USACE CorpsNet and SIPRNet enterprise within ACE-IT taking into account availability, scalability, security and manageability as appropriate. Some tasks involve supporting the full system engineering life-cycle including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, and implementation for all Hybrid Cloud and Hosting Services.
- Coach and lead the Hybrid Cloud, Unix and Database Services in support of Corps virtual infrastructure comprised of a distributed portfolio of 2 data centers and 21 functions across both NIPR and SIPR networks
- Focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, and cost-effectiveness
- Develop and set measurable objectives for the data center and technology team and individuals to guide them in achieving results.
- Oversee staffing and mentoring to maintain a high performing enterprise operations team.
- Execute and direct all aspects of Hybrid Cloud and Hosting Service including the operation, maintenance and repair of all mission critical equipment and systems to achieve compliance with all SLAs
- Evaluate Hybrid Cloud, Virtualization, Storage, Unix and Database Virtual and Physical Server Farms, Security and Monitoring and report status to executive management
- Work closely with the Service Engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach to solve issues across the service portfolio
- Directly Manages the Central Processing Center (CPC)
- Oversees Data Center Operations to include:
- Hybrid Cloud
- Virtualization Services
- Storage Services
- Unix Services
- Database Administration
- Application and Database Server Security
- Assist engineers and system administration with operations, maintenance and projects
- Lead installations at the Central Processing Center or Western Processing Center locations
- Provide recommendations to Operations on what features to enable and how to use them
- Provide Tier II and assist with Tier III support to Operations for Hybrid Cloud and Hosting Services
- Respond to problem (architecture and design level) tickets associated with Hybrid Cloud and Hosting Services
- Provide project-based engineering and on-going enhancement engineering support for Hybrid Cloud and Hosting Services
- Develop system analysis and design documents for ACE-IT architecture, specific projects, assessment of business process and design artifacts provided by project, program or service support staff
- Work with the other departments in designing, staging configuration, implementation and support as applicable
- Experience with and must understand Hybrid Cloud operations; compute, virtual machines, storage and hardware and software interfaces
- Experience with and must understand UNIX/Linux System Administration
- Experience with and must understand Oracle and SQL Server Database Administration
- BA/BS or equivalent and five (5) or more years of prior relevant experience or Masters with three (3) or more years of prior relevant experience.
- Three (3) or more years of management experience (hands on, player/coach management style) in a technical mission critical environment
- Five (5) or more years’ experience as a Systems Administrator or Network Administrator
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- Experience managing Hybrid Cloud, Hosting, Virtualization, Storage, Unix and Database services supporting DoD, DA, or Army Corps of Engineers environments
- Knowledge of Army Corps of Engineers mission and IT environments
- Current/unexpired CISSP or equivalent certification
- Cloud, Unix or DB certifications (or proof of previously held certifications)
- Customer Service Focused - ability to deliver sustained high performance; high levels of customer satisfaction
- Analytical thinker, Metrics Driven
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to effectively translate and communicate complex technical information and risk to all levels of internal and external organizations
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, excellent analytical ability
- Team building, mentoring and coaching skills
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Work well under pressure with differing levels of Team Members and Management
- Ability to maintain confidential information and communications
- Exposure to other network monitoring systems and IT Service Management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.