Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
This position is supporting the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency Security and Installations Office at the NGA Campus in Springfield, VA. This positions is responsible for Industrial and Physical Security for internal and external NGA customers. As a Physical Security Specialist, you are expected to create positive, professional and productive lines of communication with both internal and external customers, in addition to delivering the highest quality technical performance possible. You should be a self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and clearly understand your customer’s expectations and requirements relative to our contracted mission.
Must have general knowledge of security practices with emphasis in physical and/or industrial security. Experience may be broad based, crossing multiple markets (e.g., government, industry) and may also include relevant and associated certifications and knowledge of applicable tools, methodologies, or best practices. Works independently and closely with senior specialists or task leads. Candidate should be familiar with ICD 705 and have conducted SCIF inspections and accreditations.
Must obtain DoD Security Professional Education Development (SPeD) Certification IAW DoD Manual # 3305.13M within one (1) year of service start date.
- Be the primary resource (organic and electronic) custodian for the Industrial and Physical Security Programs of NGA.
- Ensure that all NGA and contractor areas CONUS and OCONUS have met all DoD and IC standards for processing, handling and storing Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Collateral classified information prior to formal accreditation as a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) or security area.
- Analyze complex physical security issues and provide cost-effective recommendations that meet policy requirements.
- Prepare and review Fixed Facility Checklists and documentation supporting the SCIF accreditation process, compartmented area approval and secure area approval process.
- Draft, review, and maintain internal NGA policy documents, standard operating procedures, and instructional handouts pertaining to Physical and Industrial Security.
- Evaluate and provide written impact statements and make recommendations when deviations from standards are discovered for all NGA SCIFs and collateral areas both government and contractor CONUS and OCONUS.
- Provide security recommendations and guidance for new facilities and those to be renovated.
- Perform site security surveys to determine if facilities meet requirements for SCIF accreditation.
- Inspect and provide guidance and oversight for the management of government and industry SCIFs and Collateral Areas.
- Provide recommendations to accredit and de-accredit SCIFS, Compartmented Areas, and Collateral Areas in support of the Life Cycle Management efforts.
- Manage and oversee the SCIF and Collateral Area lifecycle from concept to completion, planning and construction, operation and management, and mission conclusion.
- Reference and use DoD and IC security directives, instructions, standards, and guidelines to enforce compliance and mitigate security risks.
- Provide oversight and audit key and lock, GSA container, and alarm testing and maintenance programs in accordance with applicable DoD and IC policy requirements.
- Provide expert guidance that is compliant with existing standards (e.g. access control, intrusion detection systems, locks, destruction devices, secure phones, etc.).
- Manage and operate associated Helpdesk and customer service phone lines, email accounts and messages along with other social media applications between the hours of 0800 to 1600. Adjustment of hours or operation may be adjusted to accommodate operational and mission needs of NGA Physical and Industrial Security needs.
Must be familiar with ICD 705 and have conducted SCIF inspections and accreditations.
Bachelors or equivalent experience in a related field
Years of experience:
3-6 years includes >2 years within DoD/IC and must have the ability to travel.
Ability to support up to 10% travel requirements for the position.
DoD Security Professional Education Development (SPeD) Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.