Leidos Corporate Group is looking for a Digital Forensics Analyst with strong hands-on knowledge of host based forensics and/or eDiscovery support to join our Cybersecurity Intelligence & Response Team in Gaithersburg - MD.
In this role, you will focus on internal forensic investigations and eDiscovery support requests and will frequently perform in-depth forensic investigations for the Security, Counter Intelligence, Insider Risk, Ethics, and Legal organizations. You will also provide forensic analysis support to the CSIRT Intrusions team to defend against attacks by criminal and nation state actors, when required. Supporting investigations and incidents will require you to “think like an adversary” as both an external actor and an insider threat. You will be expected to provide detailed analysis and well written reports of the analysis performed, methodologies used, and results discovered to customers, coworkers, and management. You will also need to be able to correlate data from numerous sources to emulate events, which could include host based forensics, as well as big data analytics, proxy, firewall, and other various log types.
- Conduct forensic collections of digital evidence locally or over a network connection, using best practices and approved software and hardware.
- Perform comprehensive forensic analysis of digital evidence and information stored on electronic devices during the course of investigations and litigation support requests.
- Provide detailed oral and written communication or reports to both technical and non-technical personnel concerning findings of investigations and litigation matters.
- Provide skilled technical guidance and assistance to personnel involved in the investigation and/or litigation as a subject matter expert.
- Understand the procedures and methodologies used to recover and identify relevant evidence and ensure evidence is stored and archived in a manner consistent with maintaining legal preservation and that precautions are taken to prevent spoliation of evidence.
- Provide operational and administrative support to the Digital Forensics Lab in configuring hardware and software and managing inventories.
- Serve as technical resource to coworkers and customers and provides as-needed guidance in forensic collections or examinations, data recovery, and other related techniques.
- Bachelor's degree and 4-8 years (or Master’s degree with minimum 2 years) of technical experience that demonstrates knowledge of Digital forensic investigations or eDiscovery/Litigation support.
- Must have experience in investigative and litigation support principles and methodologies.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team environment.
- In-depth experience with file system forensics
- In-depth experience with internet history, email, registry, and timeline analysis
- Experience with forensic imaging of computers, mobile devices, etc
- Demonstrated experience with forensics tools beyond the classroom, to include EnCase, FTK, Axiom, Blacklight, Intella, and others
- Strong documentation and written communication skills with technical report writing experience
- US Citizenship is required
- Understanding of behavioral based threat models, including ATT&CK, Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model, PICERL etc.
- The Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM)
- Industry standard certification(s) such as: CFCE, EnCE, GCFE, GCFA, GCIH, GIAC, DoD
- Experience with Splunk (preferred) or other SIEM-type platform
- Understanding of stenography and encryption detection and analysis
- Understanding of managing complex large data set analysis
- In-depth experience with signature and hash analysis
- Forensic tool and script development
- Programming experience
- Law enforcement investigation experience and understanding of search and seizure
- Able to acquire and maintain a Secret clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.