The Defense group within Leidos is seeking a Senior Business Planner to manage the master training schedule for the AN/SQQ-89 Sonar Technical Training program for US Navy Ashore and Afloat commands in support of Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS 5B). The position will be located at the customer’s site in San Diego, CA and will require significant interaction with the gov’t customer. Travel may be required.
The Senior Business Planner will be responsible for applying scheduling theory to develop the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and related artifacts in compliance with applicable standards and best practices in coordination with program management and in support of program execution.
- Apply scheduling theory to develop the Integrated Master Schedule for the government customer
- Use discretion to develop baseline schedules
- Implement program scheduling business rhythms for Leidos program employees and customers
- Create associated artifacts to meet contractual/project requirements
- Analyze and evaluate the Undersea Warfare (USW) equipment training approaches, methodology, techniques, and products
- Monitor, analyze, and report program and customer performance against baseline schedules to ensure that contractual, cost, and schedule objectives are met
- Ensure effective and efficient selection of new and potentially non-traditional technologies, processes, and procedures to produce and deliver mission support training materials to customer and schedule phased-curriculum development IAW US Navy training standards
- Provide working knowledge in technical training development, review, and conduct experience with AN/SQQ-89(V) sonar system equipment, with particular emphasis on A(V)15
- Communicate schedule impacts and propose corrective actions to applicable stakeholders.
- Create and maintain Risk Management Tool (RMT)
- Edit and submit weekly and monthly Contract Deliverable Requirements List (CDRL) reports to the customer
- Participate in the editorial process of proposal reviews
- Create Bills of Material (BOMs) and Statements of Work (SOWs)
- Collaborate with buyers to order material to support the PEO IWS 5 contract
- Will be responsible for training new/junior team members
- Ability to maintain current training “conduct” and “development” schedules and create future schedules, to include familiarity and parsing data from non-related training schedules (i.e., Integrated Master Schedules, Installation, etc.)
- Significant knowledge on how to monitor, analyze, and report performance against baseline schedules to ensure that contractual, cost, and schedule objectives are met
- Expertise with high-level descriptions to schedule phased-curriculum development IAW US Navy training standards.
- Requires a Bachelors degree and 4 – 8 years of relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of relevant experience
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills including proficient communication expertise to work closely with the program manager, team members, and the customer
- Strong understanding of project planning practices
- Must be detail oriented and a team player
- Must have a strategic mindset to be successful
- Must have or be able to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including pivot tables, macros, and lookup tables
- Strong Microsoft software skills including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Expertise with Microsoft Project and Milestones Professional
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.