Leidos Government Health & Safety Solution Group in Windsor Mill, MD in support of the End User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to improve and advance the organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our customer CMS where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We fosters a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
The ideal candidate for the Application Test Engineering role will have experience in analyzing system requirements or feature/user story acceptance criteria, as well as concept of operations documents, acquisition plans, and system descriptions to develop evaluation and test plans and procedures, prepare for and conduct the data collection and analysis, and report status and results. Provides specialized Test and Evaluation capabilities tailored to system functions, level, maturity, and performance areas. Develops, manages and executes automated test scripts in an agile environment.
Under the direction of the Product Manager, and Test Engineering Lead, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
• Implement Test Driven Development (TDD) practices within the program’s agile framework to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks.
• Interface with software engineers, system engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members using the Agile Scrum methodology.
• Perform regression testing, covering full suite of Operational Test Scenarios for software/applications to be delivered to the customer.
• Performing compliance testing/remediation, including but not limited to adherence to WCAG, Section 508, and ADA standards.
• Reporting (verbally and written) on accessibility test defects and application compliance scores.
• Use of automated/manual testing tools, including but not limited to: JAWS, NVDA, Window Eyes, Voiceover, MAJIC, Dragon, the Accessibility Management Platform (AMP), CommonLook & Microsoft Office.
• Take active role in executing Test Plans by writing test objects and detailed test plan descriptions.
• Plan and perform test assignments involving definition of test and verification requirements, feature and user story acceptance criteria, plans and sequences relative to complex software and hardware subsystems and resolve identified conflicting issues.
• Support a test program by following established test methods and techniques, implementing test plans, communicating any missing or requesting additional clarification to implement the test plans, following test procedures, conducting tests and documenting test findings in the clear and concise manner.
• Actively participate in all agile activities as part of the larger Engineering and Development team.
• Participate in test readiness reviews, participate in design reviews, and conduct audits of test programs and facilities.
• Utilize knowledge of precedents in test engineering and apply understanding of principles of related engineering and software technology to ensure test validity and integrity.
• Perform execution of automated test scripts, and clearly articulate testing results.
• Conduct tests, which include collaborating with others in establishing language, database, and computer simulation requirements and configuration management techniques.
• As a member of a Testing team actively provide input in development and maintenance of the testing documentation including testing plans templates, procedures, reports, etc.
• Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what can be done.
• Perform real-time system monitoring, verifying the integrity of all hardware, applications, systems and key processes.
• Provide on-call support for any application test related activities.
• Collaborating within Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor responsible for manual and automated testing.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science with 3+ years of progressive experience in a test engineering role within information technology or Master’s Degree in relevant field with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Experience with end-to-end system verification and validation (V&V).
• Experience with requirements development, management and architectures.
• Experience in conducting security testing.
• Experience in developing operational procedures.
• Experience with systems engineering and configuration management processes.
• Experience with performing verification and functional performance testing, preferably in an agile-focused DevOps environment using manual and automated test methods and tools (e.g., Selenium).
• Experience or familiarity with Agile development and testing methodology.
• Extensive knowledge and experience WCAG, Section 508, and ADA standards.
• Extensive knowledge and experience working with applications such as JAWS, NVDA, Window Eyes, Voiceover, MAJIC, Dragon, the Accessibility Management Platform (AMP), CommonLook and Microsoft Office.
• Ability to work at a high technical level on all phases of systems engineering activities.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Engineering Tech
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.