Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our Centers of Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) customer where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We foster a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
As an Accessibility Test Engineer you will be responsible to analyzing system requirements or feature/user story acceptance criteria, as well as concept of operations documents, acquisition plans, and system descriptions to develop evaluation and test plans and procedures, prepare for and conduct the data collection and analysis, and report status and results. Provides specialized Test and Evaluation capabilities tailored to system functions, level, maturity, and performance areas. Develops, manages and executes automated test scripts in an agile environment.
Under the direction of Test Engineering Manager, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Support a 508 test program which includes establishing test methods and techniques, developing test plans, developing test requirements, writing test procedures and reports, and conducting tests, including equivalent documentation for agile projects.
- Participate in test readiness reviews, participate in design reviews, and conduct audits of test programs and facilities.
- Provide quality assurance reviews on new AT Tools, providing test plans and procedures.
- Identifies technical risks and develops mitigation strategies AT hardware and software solutions.
- Provide troubleshooting support coordinating with peers to identify solutions.
- Interface with software engineers, system engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members using the Agile Scrum methodology.
- Perform regression testing, covering full suite of Operational Test Scenarios for builds and/or images to be delivered to the customer.
- Take active role in defining and executing Test Plans by writing test objects and detailed test plan descriptions.
- Plan and perform test assignments involving definition of test and verification requirements, feature and user story acceptance criteria, plans and sequences relative to complex software and hardware subsystems and resolve identified conflicting issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Voice Recognition software (e.g. Dragon)
- Windows 10, and the built-in Assistive Technology options
- Magnification Software (e.g. ZoomText, MAGIC) Extensive knowledge and experience working with applications such as JAWS, NVDA, Window Eyes, Voiceover, MAJIC, Dragon, ESMT Openbook, the Accessibility Management Platform (AMP), CommonLook and Microsoft Office.
- Must have hands-on experience performing both functional and non-functional testing.
- Experience analyzing business requirements and user stories for correctness and testability.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.