Are you a Finance and Business Operations professional looking for a really COOL job? I mean a REALLY cool job? Are you in the Denver area or have a desire to make Denver your new home? If you answered yes to these questions, keep reading! Leidos is seeking an experienced individual to work on our Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) in Centennial, Colorado, in the role of Division Finance and Business Operations Manager. The Antarctic Support Contract team provides station operations, logistics, information technology, construction, maintenance and more on Antarctica and at support facilities worldwide. A few of the unique challenges include managing the world’s longest supply chain, building airfields on ice and snow, working in the world’s worst weather conditions, managing remote field camps, maintaining ice-breaking research vessels, and maintaining the largest research stations and laboratories on a bitterly cold and isolated continent. It's a fascinating program with great opportunity to make a difference to support the National Science Foundation mission.
The Business Operations Finance Manager is responsible for advising line management on all financial aspects of their organizational unit including developing and driving financial forecasts and analyzing the organizations revenue and costs. Duties may include interpreting operating results as they affect the financial aspects of the business, evaluating and approving expenditure decisions, identifying operational risk factors that may impact the business performance of the organization and presenting key business insights and recommendations to achieve the organization’s current and future goals. Other duties include making specific recommendations which will result in cost reduction and both profit and process improvements.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for financial performance of the operating unit to include Long Range Plan, monthly forecasts and FP&A activities.
- Managing a team of business finance professional staff to ensure contractual compliance, cost management, budget development and proposal support.
- Establishment/tracking of indirect rates and expenses (recent consolidation of OH rates and sharing of OH by multiple programs resulting in more competitive bids.).
- Work closely with business development, capture management, and pricing teams on new business strategy, cost volume reviews, and preparation of cash flow for Executive briefings External and internal customer interface.
- Month-end closings and variance/trend analyses
- Cash management/Capex
- Deliverables: Estimate at Completion (EACs), contract status reviews (CSR), Monthly Operating Review (MOR)
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 8 years' experience or Masters with 6 years' relevant experience.
- 2 years' experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Must have Government contracting experience leading and managing large financial operations or portfolios
- Experience with Technical Accounting and ASC 842 lease standards
- Experience in managing balance sheet and cash application metrics
- Experience in managing invoice processes
- Create new financial models and metrics to help manage IT service businesses and our IT infrastructure assets
- Program Finance Experience including Fixed Unit Rate analysis
- Proven experience in working and communicating business cases, variance analysis, and evaluating cost benefit models
- Experience with Cost Point, Fusion, Hyperion IR, Deltek
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Operations Finance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.