Leidos is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to support the ESA IV Program in Washington, DC.
- Shaping decisions for our customer in the area of network design, administration, and thought leadership to become a trusted advisor.
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, supportability, and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Troubleshoot network-related service issues including outages, anomalous behavior, and slow response class of problems.
- Configure network equipment and services.
- Produce network implementation and migration plans, and diagrams.
- Test and support network enclaves in various stages of deployment.
- Audit and assess network enclaves against customer service requirements and best practices.
- Formulate network management strategies.
- Produce and review technical documentation.
- Provide recommendations to optimize network operation and performance.
- Work with internal as well as customer project management and technical teams during design, development, and implementation phases of various network-related initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years relevant work experience with a Telecommunication equipment Vendor, Service Provide, or a data center; additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- 10+ years of experience in traffic flow analysis, network management, network topology design, security, performance and fault tolerant architecture
- Professional level understanding and hands-on experience with: TCP/IP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, PIM, GRE, IPSec, DMVPN, NAT
- Hands-on experience with the following Cisco routing and switching platforms: Catalyst 4500/6500/6800, Nexus 9k 7k, 5k, and 2k.
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the following firewall platforms: Fortinet FortiGate, Cisco ASA
- Hands-on experience with load balancers
- Experience configuring and monitoring LAN/WAN equipment, including routers, switches, firewalls, and load balancers
- Hands-on experience with Cisco SSL-VPN, AnyConnect and policy configuration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on experience with AWS, Azure cloud environment
- Hands-on experience with Cisco / Tandberg VTC infrastructure equipment
- Good understanding of network and server virtualization
- Professional level understanding of common network security controls, especially firewalls and intrusion prevention systems
- Hands-on experience with Linux, BSD, or AIX systems
- Hands-on experience developing scripts using various shells and other scripting languages (for example Perl, Tcl, Expect)
- Professional level understanding of mobile device management frameworks such as AirWatch
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.