The Technical Support Engineer functions as the FuelsManager® Defense (FMD), Base Level Support Application (BLSA) Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all support requests generated from DLA Energy Customers both at the local base and enterprise levels.
In addition to application support, the Technical Support Engineer provides operating systems, network architecture and security posture configuration triage, analysis and incident management life-cycle support resolution. They develop sound problem resolutions, processes, and or approved work-around solutions until a fully approved solution is available. The Technical Support Engineer develops and maintains technical document library for support issues to expedite problem solutions with minimum down time. They are required to be SMEs on the Energy programs and processes necessary to support DLA Energy customers.
This position is located at Varec Inc. Peachtree Corners, GA.
• Maintains knowledge of the wholesale retail fuels business and associated software to include FuelsManager® Defense, Inventory Management interface, Enterprise Business Systems (EBS), External Enterprise Business Portal (EEBP), Transactions Services (TS), Real Property, DLA Business Process Areas, and ITSM processes.
• Provides assistance to coworkers through training, education and mentoring processes with troubleshooting techniques when addressing problem issues that arise with the FuelsManager® Defense and third party software that are used by end users.
• Maintains acceptable service level agreement (SLA) standards as they are established in the external and internal standard operating procedures (SOP).
• Possess knowledge of fuels accounting ledger reconciliation procedures required to manage a fuels account including, reconciling accounts, clearing system rejects, appropriately triaging problem issues, and DLA routing procedures.
• Sustains a positive working relationship with all DLA service representatives and service control points through accurate written and verbal problem descriptions pertaining to site visit requests, hardware replacements, etc. that are triaged from the base level customer.
• Must have multi-tasking capabilities with the ability to manage time and support issues to meet and exceed Government Service Level requirements.
• Routes all problem incidents to the appropriate groups outside the scope of the Standard Operating Procedure guidelines for the Energy Help Desk.
• Possess the ability to identify problem issues and route them internally to the proper support area.
• Analyzes process flows to determine / recommend possible business process changes.
• Creates supporting documentation of problem resolution findings to all support analysts and other support departments.
• Performs quality inspections on equipment and application configuration for remote customers support requirements.
• Maintains technical expertise and knowledge about new BLSA versions, supported operating systems, database management systems, and third party products
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field or 4 yrs. of related experience with be accepted in lieu of a degree
• Outstanding written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• 5 yrs. previous experience in customer support or related fields involving interaction with people
• Must be able to multi-task multiple high priority items with the ability to properly prioritize and be part of a team environment
• Ability to obtain a government IT 2 security clearance
• Meets IAT Level I or II PWS requirement within 6 months of hire
• Must be willing to travel a minimum of 10%
• Must be willing to provide 24/7/365 operation support to include holidays on a rotational basis
• Hands on administrative and technical experience with all Microsoft Operating Systems and database management systems to date.
• Understanding of IT networking architecture with relation to Client Server configurations and/or thin/thick net configurations. xperience with DLA Energy applications is preferred
• Understanding and experience working with DISA security compliance settings for the platforms provided to base level customers, this include a full understanding of the operating system security parameters such as permissions, GPO, security templates, HBSS, HIPs etc.
Varec, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is considered the pioneer of inventory tank gauging instrumentation nearly 90 years ago. Today, Varec is a worldwide leader in fuels management systems for total asset visibility and control, supplying integrated hardware and software solutions to oil and gas, defense and aviation markets. The Varec FuelsManager suite of product solutions has been a longtime standard of major oil companies and the U.S. Department of Defense, as well as aviation tank farm operators and service providers. With its headquarters and manufacturing facility outside of Atlanta, Georgia, Varec also has offices in Virginia, Australia, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.varec.com.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.