The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Systems Integration Engineer to work at our Annapolis Junction, MD location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
The Systems Integration Engineer will provide full lifecycle support activities from high-level requirements gathering, systems design input, and end-to-end system integration and deployment. He/she will develop and implement strategies to maintain and improve internal functionality, enhance performance with internal and external systems, protect critical data sets, and provide assessments of system and network vulnerabilities. The ideal candidate will have a strong system administration background and excellent communication skills, and will be well versed in current automation technologies that reduce manual intervention. He/she will have experience manually configuring devices, and deploying developed software, vendor firmware, and COTS and FOSS installations. Minimal amounts of racking and cabling may be required at times. Very limited potential for travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations for short durations.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
The selected candidate will support Linux and Windows-based components within a large, high-performance computing system. The Systems Integration Engineer will provide substantial diagnostics and troubleshooting which involves working with Systems Integrators to determine system behavior errors (may be software or hardware-related), including examining packet captures at a low level and analyzing event/audit logs to identify errors and determine root causes. He/she will provide support for development and production systems, perform ad-hoc tasking which may include applying software builds, updating application versions, applying security patches, and changing configuration settings. He/she will also provide support for deployment activities, COTS software evaluation and installation, external site hardware and software installation, and resolving unplanned issues.
The Systems Integration Engineer will work with internal Team Leads as well as external organizations to determine acceptable outage windows that will minimize disruption to operational users and/or others who require system access (testers, integrators, etc.). He/she will develop and update data flow diagrams and documentation used in the deployment and management of the system. He/she will support the development of system configuration documentation, including detailed designs for risk assessments and analyses of alternatives for a variety of system-related issues and concerns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Compute Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience *may* be substituted for a Degree
- At least 2 years of experience troubleshooting IT systems and networks
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Linux system administration experience required
- Virtualization experience required via any industry standard hypervisor
- Experience deploying application software including application servers is required
- Must be able to plan and prioritize tasking and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment
- Must be able to develop and articulate system analysis, risk analysis, and/or vulnerability assessments
- Must be able to work extended hours on occasion to support uptimes on production systems for mission critical programs with high levels of visibility
- Must have the ability to quickly develop creative solutions to complex issues that arise suddenly, and ensure they are tracked and included in the Development, Integration, and Production environments before systems deployment
- Must be comfortable working on multiple infrastructure networks simultaneously, supporting multiple baselines in various stages of debugging
- Systems-of-systems integration and development experience, using the most up to date and possibly beta software packages to better predict how future changes/updates/end-of-life/discontinuation by hardware and software vendors may affect systems operation as they independently update or add features to their solutions on which our operations rely
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 along with Server Core administration experience
- Wireshark Experience, with a focus on low level IP operations
- Microsoft MDT experience
- VMWare 6.7 experience
- Centos & Redhat 7.3 experience
- Experience with IP KVMs reaching into secured out-of-band networks
- Powershell and PowerCLI experience with some knowledge of Python or REST APIs
- Containerization packages such as Docker or Kubernetes
- SALT, Puppet, CHEF, or Ansible Experience
- Experience with iSCSI and Flash SANs
- Solarwinds usage and deployment experience
- Familiarity with complex network systems, to include firewalls, Load Balancers, NIDS, NAT, PAT, VPC and complex ACLs on multiple hardware architectures including Cisco Nexus and Cisco Catalyst lines
- Knowledge of PKI systems which use HSMs to validate key and NTP for synchronization
- Recent hands on experience with one or more of the following: StealthWatch, TripWire, Zenoss, and ArcSight Security Analysis
- Past administration experience of OS’s that support a Linux Oracle database instances a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.