The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Sr Java developer in Baltimore, MD.
Candidate will develop Fuse / Camel / Spring Boot routes to satisfy customer requirements. He/she will build / Test / Deploy and Document routes in lifecycle environments using relevant tools employed in SSA systems. He/she will perform planning and analysis to support development of sound design(s) for routes that satisfy customer requirements. He/she will trouble-shoot, analyze and resolve issues with Fuse / Fuse Routes across all lifecycle environments. He/she will maintain and modify existing routes in support of customer requirements and changes in the environment/infrastructure. He/she will migrate existing routes from Fuse on standalone servers to Fuse on OpenShift / Platform as a Service environment. He/she will support extending the Fuse environments such as scripting additional child container(s) in standalone Linux environments. He/she will mentor team members as needed in Fuse and route building. He/she will develop automated testing of Fuse route with tools such as ReadyAPI, Swagger. In addition, he/she will develop sound designs / processes for automating route deployments.
Key Terms: Java/JEE, Fuse/Camel, Spring Boot, RESTful/SOAP, OpenShift, CI/CD, DevOps
Bachelor’s Degree and 8+ years of experience.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills to present ideas and concepts effectively.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision and ability to lead team members.
- Expert Java developer with expertise in Java/JEE technologies and Spring Boot.
- Experience building RESTful/SOAP web services.
- Experience in middleware frameworks and hands-on experience with Red Hat Fuse and creating Fuse/Camel routes.
- Good understanding of Integration Design Patterns & best practices.
- Can look through Fuse logs to identify issues and troubleshoot.
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery using modern DevOps tools and workflows such as Bitbucket and Jenkins.
- Huge plus to have container development experience – OpenShift experience with complex programming, program debugging, data analysis, problem analysis and resolution issues within Object-oriented application systems.
- Requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Experience with development tools such as Rational Application Developer and Maven.
- Experience with version control software such as MKS and Git/Bitbucket.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.