This position is engaged in encryption/cryptographic technologies that support the development, documentation, and maintenance of data protection standards within the customer’s organization.
Knowledge and ability to research, assess, and make recommendations regarding encryption technologies and configuration, as well as how to integrate, implement, test, deploy and support within the framework of an Agile SAFe environment.
- Coordinate with the Information Security team, play a key role in the identification, assessment, prioritization and remediation processes of cyber security risks and vulnerabilities.
- Develops and drives adoption of best practice security process for initial code development, productization, system architectures, system integration and data storage.
- Evaluate threats, risk, vulnerabilities and processes to determine relative risk to the product, system and the enterprise.
- Applies knowledge of controls, threats, vulnerabilities, risk and technical systems to build strategic planning and roadmaps to harden systems and close vulnerabilities.
- Establishes and maintains configuration and data management policies and procedures to be utilized to ensure a standard and cost effective approach to the application of configuration and data management requirements.
- Designs and establishes configuration management documentation.
- Ability to effectively work within the enterprise firewalls and IPS clusters.
- Automate security tools and processes ensuring innovation and advancement strategies that keep pace in the areas of access control, security-in-depth, secure transaction processing, secure coding practices for web and mobile applications.
- Familiarity with various data formats (e.g., xml, rtf, etc.), data fields, and applications interfaces to effectively collaborate with other project teams, and keep up with new technological developments to support ongoing cryptographic needs.
- Responsible for configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and auditing.
- Engage in the initial requirements definition including analysis of threats and risks and alignment with security, Engineering, IT and Architecture standards.
- Working on enabling/building security controls which protect the applications from attacks on various platforms and technologies, like:
- Linux, Windows, VMWare, Openstack, SDN, Public cloud like AWS, Google
- Web technologies like HTTP, SOAP, REST services, AJAX
- Databases like Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, Redis, Cassandra
- Caching services like Hazelcast, Coherence, and messaging systems like Kafka, MQ
- Web Access Management solutions like Forgerock, Siteminder, Custom/in-house Security Frameworks
- Cybersecurity tools like IDS, SIEM, Tripwire, Tanium, Netwitness, Netflow, WAF
- HSMs, Tokenization systems, data encryption solutions from Safenet, Vormetric etc
- Significant experience with data protection standards
- Significant experience with one or more of the following database platforms: Oracle, MongoDB, MarkLogic, SQL Server, DynamoDB and MySQL
- Significant experience with one or more of the following server operating systems: CentOS 6, CentOS 7, RHEL 6, RHEL 7, Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2016
- Significant experience with one or more of the following technologies: Apache NiFi, Twister
- In-depth experience with Vormetric Encryption.
- In-depth experience with Linux/Unix.
- Candidate must have BS with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph
- CISSP Certification
- Cloud Certifications for AWS, GCP, or Microsoft Azure
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.