The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a PostgreSQL Database Administrator in Baltimore, MD.
Leidos is seeking a senior level PostgreSQL DBA capable of designing and implementing an enterprise level PostgreSQL platform for the SSA.
This position will be responsible for:
• Administration of PostgreSQL databases throughout the development and production lifecycles in a AWS environment.
• Design and develop logical and physical database designs from customer requirements.
• Provide advice and support to development resources.
• Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
• Supporting the standing standards, policies and procedures of the customer team.
• Provide mentorship to group members and will be expected to help develop and support mid and junior level staff.
• May be scheduled for after hours on-call support and will be required to apply production packages during non-peak hours.
• The selected candidate will accept other duties as directed by management
Detailed Skills Requirements
Bachelors Degree and 12 years of related IT experience
Masters Degree or higher preferred with 10 years of IT experience or professional IT certifications.
5 years of below technologies
Key Required Skills
- Expert PostgreSQL Database Administrator/Architect
- In depth knowledge of PostgreSQL Architecture
- Strong experience with RDS
- Python Development
- Considered a leader in the field
- Greenplum experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.