Leidos is seeking an Infrastructure Engineer to join the team in the Department of Justice’s Justice Management Division (JMD). This is an exciting opportunity to support JMD and the larger ESA IV program supporting the Department of Justice in Washington, DC.
- Serve as a Unified Communications expert with both operational and design engineering responsibilities in a Windows Infrastructure environment
- Work closely with both IT and business partners to design and implement enterprise level solutions which include Skype and SharePoint
- Responsible for diagnosing and troubleshooting enterprise level solutions which include Skype and SharePoint
- Perform root cause analysis, incident management, communication with internal clients and service team members
- Participate/contribute with after-hours/weekend work in Skype 2015/SharePoint patching, service pack installation, and future version upgrades
- Maintain SharePoint 2013 server farm architectures to support intranet, extranet, development, and test environment deployments. Support SharePoint 2013 systems deployment, configuration management, and application installation
- Continue to maintain SharePoint 2013 server farm until all sites are fully migrated to SharePoint Online. Managing SharePoint Front End web applications using IIS Servers and Central Administration.
- Perform SQL database administration functions related to installation of SQL Server, configuration of SQL cluster and AG.
- Support with SharePoint online / O365 Migration/development activities. Work with SharePoint development team and Microsoft Engineers to troubleshoot and resolve migration issues.
- Manage Metalogix Content Matrix Migration tool/ AZCopy Storage Explorer installed on DOJ VM environment for incremental migration. Work with our Exchange Engineering /Networking teams to resolve connection issues from our DOJ GCC cloud tenant to the Microsoft Azure government tenant.
- Attend daily Migration meetings with key DOJ Management, Engineering, Microsoft and SharePoint Development teams to discuss ongoing migration issues, procedures and project delivery dates during the migration process.
- Participate in major SharePoint design reviews
- Coordinate configuration management and version control activities
- Office Web Apps and Workflow manager - plan for security requirements, execute installation and configuration and SP integration
- BA/BS College Degree in cyber, communications, information technology (IT), and/or engineering with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience; additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- 2+ years of Infrastructure management and operations experience
- Detailed engineering skills across multiple platforms including Skype, SharePoint, Hyper-V and SQL
- Must have experience using Windows 2012/ 2016 installation and configuration of Hyper-V environment.
- Must have hands-on architecture design and implementation experience with advance-level knowledge of Microsoft technologies (Lync/Skype, Active Directory, DNS), and scripting (PowerShell)
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and service requests efficiently
- Experience in installing, configuring, and maintaining MS software add-ins, third party tools, and COTS development tools
- Must have experience using Central Administration and Windows PowerShell to administer SharePoint's service applications, services, permissions, and features
- Experience with Systems/Domain Administration, Network Administration, SQL Server Administration, and/or Active Directory Administration
- Understanding of Microsoft Identity Manager, ADFS, local Active Directory identity information with Azure Active Directory, and user profiles for Microsoft Office 365, Azure AD Connect in Azure AD for Office 365 and cloud-hosted apps.
- Understand and configure Azure AD integration with SharePoint on-premises single sign-on enabled
- Understanding of Office Web Apps and Workflow manager.
- Able to work collaboratively with other enterprise teams, particularly a large SharePoint content team and fast-moving engineering environment
- Knowledge of SQL Server Database backups and restoration procedures
- Skype for Business experience
- Ability to support 24x7 incident response and critical customer issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and can convey complex concepts to technical and non-technical personnel
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with a reputation for working effectively with integrated teams
- Public Trust clearance
- Working knowledge of various Microsoft applications such as Exchange 2010 and higher, Skype for Business 2015, SharePoint 2013 and higher
- Working knowledge of Microsoft O365 services, migration and management tools Metalogix Content Matrix, OneDrive for Business, Office 365, Exchange and other cloud collaboration services
- Knowledge of Remedy ticketing, change management and other process management modules
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Voice integration (Sonus)
- Experience with Unified Communications technologies related to Enterprise Voice and External Federation EDGE Services
- Exposure to other infrastructure areas including: Active Directory, virtualization, storage, backup & recovery, SQL Server, load balancing, etc.
- Familiar with Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) and Kerberos authentication for SharePoint 2013
- Understanding of AD security groups with SharePoint using ADFS authentication, and configuration of AD FS for token signing SSO certificates
- Strong written communication, ability to translate technical detail and issues into language suitable for Senior leadership
- Ability to track and manage multiple work streams across engineering and operations simultaneously
- Excellent communication and presentation skills as well as professional demeanor when interacting with and briefing senior government civilian leadership
- Highly self-motivated and independent worker - able and willing to take action and does not require micromanagement of tasks from Team Leadership
- 3+ years’ experience with Skype or SharePoint
- Microsoft Certified Solution Expert, Microsoft - 2013 or higher
- 2 years of experience supporting Federal agencies/Departments
- Exposure/previous DOJ organization experience
- Customer/Client Relationship Management
- Secret Level Clearance or higher a plus
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.