Leidos is seeking a Sr. Strategic Communications Specialist/Project Engineer to support a government contract in Springfield, VA with a focus on managing the program’s internal and external communications. An active TS/SCI level security clearance is required to be considered.
Qualified canidates will be able to effective liaison with the customer/contract team and provides strategic recommendations for messaging, mission impact assessments. Very high level and all centered around communications and strategy at that program level to pull it off.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage internal and external communications to ensure a consistent communication approach; ensure communications reflect and support the contract’s and corporate’s strategic vision, goals and values
- Manage content layout and communication design details; work with the Graphics Specialist as needed for advanced graphics and design requirements
- Plan and communicate schedules and deadlines for the production of all communication materials
- Plan, edit and gather/develop content for a variety of internal team communications mediums, including a weekly team newsletter and ad hoc email communications
- Collect, consolidate, analyze, format and edit program information for weekly, monthly, quarterly program deliverables. Assist SMEs in fine-tuning inputs to ensure the intended and appropriate messaging is presented
- Draft talking points or scripts for senior management to use during briefings, presentations, etc
- Attend in-person and by phone (as appropriate) meetings with the team and/or customer. Local travel will be required to support customer-facing meetings and other meetings as needed
- Record minutes/action items from meetings; ensure the intent and desired outcome of the actions are accurately captured and identify the owner(s) of the action
- Stay informed and aware of program and corporate operations and initiatives; identify areas where additional internal or external communication is needed and develop a plan to meet those needs
- Refine existing and establish new communications strategies in conjunction with senior managers
- Ensure organizational initiatives are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
- Respond to feedback from the team and customers/stakeholders; adjust communications accordingly
- Perform other related duties as required
- Strong, polished written, editing/proofreading, and oral communications skills
- Solid facilitation and presentation skills
- Exceptional customer service focus and the ability to maintain/manage confidential information
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to professionally interact with managers, staff, and customers at all levels of the organization with diplomacy and professionalism
- Self-motivated, proactive, committed to continuous improvement
- Ability to make sound judgments and work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate initiative and manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management and organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize work effectively
- Creative ability to devise communication strategies
- Familiarity with information technology and software programs to include: MS Office and Adobe
- HTML, Photoshop and experience using collaboration tools
- Experience working in DoD and IC agencies; understanding of an Information Technology (IT) customer or office
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Administration, Public Relations, or related field and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Six (6) or more years’ experience in a lead communications role; writing for a variety of different audiences; strategic communications planning and advising senior managers
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Internal Communications
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.