Leidos is seeking a Systems Engineer Intern to support autonomous maritime projects’ systems/interface requirements definition, architecture design/development, systems integration, and test plan development. They will be joining an existing team which has already successfully delivered for our customers. Successful engineers will focus on solving problems, connecting with other members of the team, and sharing responsibility for making our systems work. The team’s focus is on software and supporting hardware, including integration with hardware and sensors.
The intern will collaborate within their team to achieve objectives in accordance with the system life cycle activities. Successful interns will bring attention to detail and a focus on communication. The intern must be capable of independent work requiring application and knowledge of systems engineering. Depending on the skills they bring to the table, the intern will support tasks such as:
- Requirements Development
- System Level Definition (drawings and documentation)
- Interface constraints and documentation
- Control systems/software flow diagrams
- IEEE Test Plan development and design of automated testing
- Cybersecurity documentation
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an Engineering Discipline.
- Experience with MS Visio, Enterprise Architect, Cameo, or other tools for modeling and construction of diagrams
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish tasks as part of a team with limited supervision
- Experience working in a team setting, either professionally or through activities
- Must be eligible to obtain security clearance- US citizenship required.
Familiarity with one or more disciplines:
- Software or systems testing
- Software or systems requirements specifications
- Ability to read software, including C++ or structured text
- Familiarity with Programmable Logic Controllers
- Basic familiarity with Linux
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.