The Antarctica Support Contract (ASC) is seeking candidate for the position of Manager, Transportation and Logistics. The Transportation and Logistics Manager will be responsible for support and coordination of ASC logistics activities USAP-wide to include direct oversight, planning and management to ensure compliance with applicable laws and standards. The Transportation and Logistics Manager is also responsible for seasonal planning and support; determining logistics requirements for the annual program plan; standardizing operations between Continental and Peninsula Areas; and preparing periodic business. This position reports directly to the ASC Mission Support Director.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Works seamlessly within the ASC and USAP participant organizations; e.g., ASC Senior Leadership Team (SLT), NSF Transportation and Logistics Activity Based Managers, and throughout the other levels of ASC.
- Responsible for daily support of logistics activities and operations of departments deployed. These activities include inventory management, transportation and warehousing. Additionally, has top level responsibility for cargo vessel loading and offloading.
- Directs and oversees the financial management, seasonal planning and operational support functions for all departments within the Transportation and Logistics group. Functions include: Supply Operations, Antarctic Terminal Operations, South Pole Logistics, Peninsula Area Logistics, Port Hueneme, CA operations, ASC Headquarters Logistics, Commercial Transportation.
- Standardizes logistics operations between the Continental and Peninsula Areas.
- Responsible for the successful movement of materials to include: science samples and mission support cargo .
- Prepares reports such as weekly and monthly business reports.
- Develops the Annual Program Plan for the division.
- Performs business case analysis, promotes safe operations, writes performance appraisals, oversees the development and execution of division metrics, and ensures integration of logistics functions with other divisions and/or USAP participants.
- Handles confidential matters in accordance with management policy.
- Communicates professionally and respectfully, both orally and in writing, Internal and external to the company.
- Interacts with the National Science Foundation, military and other agency officials in a professional and tactful manner.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a safe workplace program and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Provides information, counseling and support to management on employment and management issues, planning and staff development.
- Responsible for the planning and delivery of the Transportation and Logistics team’s work scope; develops and administers budgets, schedules, and performance standards.
- Develops leadership, talent and diversity strategies across the areas of responsibility, integrating into enterprise plans.
- Influence and impact strategy for the program in the area of Transportation and Logistics; champion and lead innovative change and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree
- 12+ years of related experience
- 5+ years of direct experience managing individual contributors and subordinate managers
- 5+ years of experience leading and participating in cross-functional teams
- Experience with technical and project management
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Prior experience working technical services with a federal customer in a highly regulated environment
- Demonstrated understanding of the program / product lifecycle in one or more of the following in the areas: design, supply chain management, receiving operations, production control, product test & evaluation, reliability, root cause analysis, and/or shipping and product support
- Demonstrated success leading broad organizations within cost and schedule
- Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt (or higher) certification to drive continuous improvement
- Demonstrate a proven track record of solving complex problems through systematic and objective evaluation of information resulting in effective communication, championing, and implementation of change with a diverse set of internal and external customers and suppliers
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.