Performs a variety of duties in support of production batch schedules running on an IBM mainframe computer. Reviews input data to verify adequacy and appropriateness of material required for data processing and related operations. Reviews output data to verify completeness, accuracy, and conformance to quality standards and specifications. Maintains internal records and may catalog, disperse, and return tapes/disks. May review daily processing logs and may set or revise schedules.
- HS diploma or equivalent, plus a minimum of 5 years of production scheduling experience
- be proficient with automated scheduling tools on an MVS platform (preferably CA-7)
- have a minimum of 5 years batch processing; setup and monitoring experience
- be proficient in JCL
- be proficient with TSO
- be proficient in ISPF
- have working knowledge of Abend codes and their meanings
- understand the concepts of restart/recovery procedures for abended jobs
- be able to perform restores if necessary
- be able to determine if a production job cycle is running in correct order
- have working knowledge of IBM Mainframes
- be able to work independently without direct supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience with HUD
- have working knowledge MS-Office applications such as MS-Word and MS-Excel
- have working knowledge of MS-Outlook
- be able to learn in-house problem reporting and tracking systems
- Prior experience with HUD
- Active HUD Public trust clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:32
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.