The Email Engineer will be part of the Operations Team supporting the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) on the HUD End User Services (HEAT) contract. This program will be focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our customer HUD where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience. The successful candidate will work within an ITIL environment. The candidate will be a member of the Operations Team providing support for O365 Microsoft Exchange environment. The system is based on Microsoft technology, including on-premises Exchange 2016 and O365 and supports for more than 12,000 mailboxes. Independently develops solutions, approaches, or makes recommendations to resolve wide range of complex or difficult problems. These processes and production requirements often require a flexible work schedule. Additional responsibilities will include troubleshooting and working with other technical functional groups i.e., Service Desk, Server Team, Security and Engineering Team for all supported technical issues.
Under the direction of the Data Center Operations Manager responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Perform day-to-day Email administration tasks leveraging a combination of Microsoft Exchange Management Console and Exchange Management Shell (EMC/EMS) and the O365 ECP to manage end user mailboxes, shared mailboxes, distribution list, Room mailboxes and Public Folders.
- Leverage Microsoft Exchange Management Console and Exchange Management Shell (EMC/EMS) and the O365 ECP to create new end user mailboxes, shared mailboxes, distribution list, Room mailboxes and Public Folders.
- Have a basic understanding of Active Directory management.
- Perform O&M tasks associated with email administration
- Provide support for Skype for Business client connectivity issues.
- Create and maintain documentation related to Email and Skype for Business processes and ConOps
- Provide Tier II/ Tier III support for client access issues for O365 and Skype for business for resolution.
- Routinely evaluate related email processes and work for continued process improvement and automation and make inform recommendations for implementation utilizing proper change process.
- Create new and modify existing PowerShell scripts to automate reporting or administrative tasks based on extensive knowledge of Exchange Management Shell
- Stay abreast of current and emerging technologies, regularly analyzing and evaluating their impact and benefit to the customer and provide recommendations to management
- Strong experience with administering Microsoft Exchange Server 2012, 2016 & O365 Exchange Online mailboxes, Distribution Groups and Shared Mailboxes.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Azure Experience in PowerShell scripting for Exchange online, Active Directory and Skype for Business
- Strong experience with AWS environment adminstration
- Solid understanding of standard client/server, networking, TCP/IP, and internet fundamentals
- must have a strong knowledge of exchange administration automation through PowerShell
- Solid understanding of Group Policies.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- All candidates supporting the HEAT programs must currently live in the United States in order to be considered for the position.
- be able to work independently without direct supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Requires BS (or equivalent experience) and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Prior experience with HUD
- Active HUD Public trust clearance.
- Strong experience with administering Active Directory environment using Windows 2008 or 2012 or 2016 Servers.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.