Leidos has an opening for a Service Desk Manager to manage and coordinate the handling of incidents, problems, and requests at our large-scale Enterprise Service Desk supporting more than 20,000 customers for our Federal Government customer. This work is located at our facility in Clinton, MS, and the individual selected for this position will manage the full life cycle of all incidents, problems, and service requests including fulfillment, verification, and closure across a multi-tiered Service Desk to provide increasing levels of expertise based on the complexity of the issue at hand. Service Tiers include Tier 0: End user self-service, Tier 1: Basic service support to end-users and IT groups, and some Tier 2 escalations. This individual will report to our program office in Washington, DC, and will be the senior on-site manager at our location in Mississippi.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as the Leidos primary representative to the Government on all Enterprise Service Desk related matters.
- Develop procedures that support execution of Service Desk activities, to include process flows, defined roles and responsibilities, knowledge articles, and reporting scheme to enable the establishment of appropriate touch points and engagements.
- Identify and implement opportunities for performance improvement of hardware, software and any supporting infrastructure and supporting services by employing IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices.
- Ensure the delivery of on-site technical support and incident resolution to all customers, and provide regular reports to management and customers documenting various metrics.
- Provide direction and guidance for investigating, resolving, documenting, and reporting the causes and corrective actions in the ServiceNow system for all incidents assigned by the Service Desk.
- Establish functional lines of support, communication, and authority between government leadership, Leidos, and other third party customers.
- Employ continual improvement processes to effectively measure and enhance Service Desk performance, productivity, knowledge and profitability based on Service Desk performance metrics.
- Define, manage and maintain Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for each service in the Service Catalog.
- Establish KPI metrics, reports and goals that aligned with the customer’s long-term strategic direction agencies ensuring customer service and productivity levels are achieved.
- Build a strong relationship with all customers, and inspire trust in the staff.
- Bachelor's degree with 12+ years of overall relevant experience with 8+ years of specific experience managing or leading Service Desk tasks for a large scale Enterprise Service Desk with defined Service Level Agreements such as first call resolution and abandonment rate.
- Demonstrated experience with ITSM suites such as BMC Remedy or ServiceNow.
- Demonstrated experience implementing service improvement processes in response to performance metrics or service level agreements.
- Demonstrated experience leading, directing, and evaluating task execution and performance exercising latitude and independence of the team to implement solutions as expected.
- Able to obtain a Public Trust security clearance or higher.
- Possess Help Desk Institute (HDI) certifications, such as Support Center Manager.
- Successfully completed ITIL Foundations and ITIL Practitioner certification.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.