Leidos is seeking an IT Specialist to support Leidos’s with the IRS NMCC located at the New Carrollton Federal Building (NCFB) in Lanham MD. The IT Specialist will provide Level 3 support, maintenance and operation of the IRS networks that include large scale data, voice, video and wireless networks.
Available and reliable networks are essential for the IRS to deliver its mission; “Provide America's taxpayers top quality service by helping them understand and meet their tax responsibilities and enforce the law with integrity and fairness to all.” Proper operation and network capacity allows the IRS to process millions of returns and issue billions of dollars in refunds each year.
The IT Specialist must be well versed is network architectures and components as well as the Cisco Prime Infrastructure (PI)/APIC tools and Cisco Digital Network Architecture (DNA). The IT Specialist will work with Network Engineers, System Administrators, and others to plan, implement, configure, troubleshoot, produce reports, provide analysis of data, administer the Cisco PI and DNA systems and provide any necessary training. The IT Specialist must be able to work with very little supervision in a highly dynamic and innovative work environment.
- Demonstrate at least 5 years of administration experience with Cisco Prime Infrastructure/APIC to include operating, maintaining and updating these tools to ensure they are kept up to date to ensure IRS operations are maintained. This includes adding or deleting sites and or network devices, making configuration changes, upgrading Operating Systems, at a minimum.
- Demonstrate administration experience with Cisco DNA to include configuration, operation, maintaining and updating the system to ensure it is kept up to date to ensure IRS operations are maintained. This includes adding or deleting sites and or network devices, making configuration changes, upgrading Operating Systems, at a minimum.
- Demonstrate that security policies/GSP/IRM mandates were met/implemented correctly on network devices, best practices were implemented, new technologies deployed to meet customer needs, software levels were maintained, and global configurations were managed and updated.
- At least 5 years’ experience with supporting a large scale government network.
- Experience using the Microsoft office suite of tools including Office 2007 or newer.
- Experience with the ITIL V3 IT Lifecycle Management Framework.
- Demonstrable experience in successfully leading a mid-size system implementation project.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time.
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently or closely with other developers with minimal guidance.
Education, Degrees, Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical subject.
- At least one of the following certificates must be active and provided to Leidos upon candidate submission.
- An Active Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification or higher
- An Active Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Voice certification or higher
- ITIL v3 Certifications
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.