Leidos Engineering is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
Currently, we have an opportunity for a Construction Manager within the electric power delivery industry that has EPC/Design Build construction management experience.
Construction Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage the overall construction, procurement, and logistics efforts for transmission and distribution projects for an investor-owned electric utility in south eastern United States
- Interfaces directly with the client and program manager to report progress, costs, schedule and risks across a portfolio of transmission and distribution construction projects
- Consistently communicates and works across multiple program and function support areas including: client, design build and third party logistics suppliers, functional leadership, subcontractors, and support personnel
- Construction Inspections
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred with 15+ years’ of relevant Construction Management experience
- Recent and in-depth expertise in electric power infrastructure projects with expert knowledge in overseeing the estimation, planning and execution of transmission and distribution construction projects
- Experience providing oversight, reviewing construction plans, proposals and assuring compliance with overall project requirements
- Strong initiative and the ability to oversee construction crews
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Consult Emp
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.