Leidos Health has a contingent Technical Writer / Deliverables Manager position available to support its Leavenworth Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy (CMOP) Automated Prescription Fulfillment System (APFS) project for the Department of Veterans Affairs.
The Leavenworth CMOP APFS will be a highly-automated production facility which will employ a mixture of robotic devices, conveyor systems, and human factors to accurately fill and ship over 80,000 prescriptions per day for healthcare beneficiaries including our nation’s Veterans and patients eligible for care through Indian Health Service (IHS). The L-CMOP APFS will fully support industry dispensing trends, provide improvements in processing accuracy and timeliness of throughput, and contain all commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software applications.
The Technical Writer / Deliverables Manager provides documentation and deliverables management support to assist the Program Manager and Chief Engineer, other staff members, and subcontractors in the execution of the Leavenworth CMOP AFPS development, delivery, installation, integration, and acceptance testing schedule to meet the requirements of the contract.
The Technical Writer / Deliverables Manager provides technical writing, document preparation, editing, and communication support and coordination in a manner consistent with Veterans Affairs and Leidos practices, for the development and production of project deliverables, work products, and other documentation for the Leavenworth CMOP APFS project. The Technical Writer/Deliverables Manager edits, proofreads and provides writing support on non-technical and/or technical documents in support of program goals and objectives. The Technical Writer/Deliverables Manager updates and maintains the project status with respect to deliverables submission requirements, schedules tasks and activities for deliverable development and review with deliverable authors, content SMEs, other technical editing/writing staff, peer reviewers, project managers, and government staff, and tracks and manages deliverables from inception to completion. The Technical Writer/Deliverables Manager maintains configuration management of in-process and completed deliverables in the Leidos SharePoint / Vector deliverables repository; sets up and enforces documentation draft and final versions control.
- Work with project and technical staff in the formulation, development, editing, and revising project documentation and deliverables
- Collaborate with content owners and subject matter experts, illustrators, and other key individuals in coordinating/ preparing the edited draft. Interview subject matter experts and translate that information into compliant and compelling technical content.
- Review rough drafts and makes suggestions; check drafts for format, clarity and overall cohesiveness.
- Ensure documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style.
- Create and standardize project documentation templates; continuously improve the documentation development and review process throughout project execution
- Apply “one-voice” within individual document-based deliverables and “common voice” across document-based deliverables for the entire scope of the program.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Media, Technology, or a related field coupled with 5- 8 years of experience as a Technical Writer.
- Must be a US Citizen or Green card holder with ability to obtain Public Trust clearance. Requirement per contract.
- Candidate also MUST meet eligibility requirements for obtaining a VA Tier 1 / Low Risk Background Investigation (BI) security clearance.
- Production and/or editing of implementation plans, process /methodology documents, monthly reports, technical user and administrator guides, training material, and other related documents.
- Experience with document formatting, editing, structure and logic flow, as well as writing for non-technical audiences.
- Must have knowledge of MS Office applications, to include MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Experience with desktop publishing, automated work processing, and other digital information technology applications.
- Experience with VA, DoD, or other Federal agencies.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and deliver results key milestones targets
- Experience with Department of Veterans Affairs within the last two years, to include previous possess of VA PIV card and VA network access
- Experience with Lync / Skype for Business
- Ability to operate in a multi-tasking environment.
- Knowledgeable of system/software engineering principles.
- Knowledgeable of pharmacy automation or other production-lines based engineering environments
- Experience in a Health Services environment is desirable.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.