Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Senior Cyber Security Analyst at Scott AFB, IL.
The Senior Cyber Security Analyst is responsible for protecting DISA’s information and information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, perusal, inspection, recording and destruction. Duties include managing and enforcing of security strategies and policies within established guidelines. Areas of responsibilities include IT Security Strategy, Cyber Security, and Compliance and Risk Management supporting IT Security and Compliance Teams. The individual will report to the applicable Service Delivery Manager and be a member of a team supporting the daily security operations of GSM-O managed systems and networks. The individual is responsible to the program IAM for ensuring the appropriate operational Information Assurance (IA) posture is maintained for a DoD information system or organization.
- Assume responsibility as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) for maintaining the appropriate operational security posture for an information system or program.
- Assist various program teams in capturing and refining information protection requirements, integrating those requirements into system designs, ensuring program compliance with government requirements, and obtaining an Authority to Operate (ATO).
- Validate that activities and controls enacted to secure information are continually assessed. Evaluate gaps in security and identify solutions to mitigate risk, including business processes, technical controls, or policy improvements.
- Support planning and engagement efforts for organizational security evaluations, systems analyses, security architecture reviews, and so forth.
- Determine applicability of Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts/Bulletins to assets.
- The individual shall possess a working knowledge of the system or enclave functions, its technical IA safeguards, and its operational IA measures.
- The individual needs to be flexible, dependable and be able to multi-task with priorities.
- Coordinate network scanning of assets and analyze reports to identify mitigation actions.
- Monitor the implementation of software patches, upgrades, and configuration changes as directed by change control board.
- The individual must satisfy both preparatory and sustaining DoD standard training and certification requirements as a condition of privileged access to any DoD information system.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 8+ years of overall related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience or training in IA and IA supporting technologies to include Cisco and Juniper network devices, server operating systems, and vulnerability assessment tools (e.g., Nessus/ACAS).
- Experience with ACAS, eMass, and HBSS
- Familiar with DISA and DoD security and IA policy
- Experience Information Assurance Technology Framework (IATF) Defense in Depth principles
- Experience with DISA and DoD assessment and authorization processes (e.g., RMF).
- Experience analyzing VLAN, routing, IP addressing and sub-netting.
- Working knowledge of DoD 8500 series and NIST 800-series.
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, e.g. Security+ce or higher.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance with the ability to acquire a Top Secret clearance.
- Experience with a ticketing system such as BMC Remedy.
- Experience or training in IA and IA supporting technologies such as Network Intrusion Detection Systems (e.g., Securify).
- ITIL certification.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.