Leidos Corporate Finance Group has an opening for a Senior Accountant in Oak Ridge, TN. The Senior Accountant reports to the Operational Accounting Manager for the Oak Ridge Accounting Center in Oak Ridge, TN and is responsible for managing general ledger reconciliations, journal entries and other financial accounting and reporting activities. This role is also accountable for ensuring compliance with appropriate controls, policies, deadlines and regulatory requirements. This position interacts extensively with Organizational finance and corporate accounting personnel.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Monitor general ledger account balances to ensure GAAP compliance
- Review and approve journal entries, reconciliations and postings to the general ledger
- Ensure proper support exists for all journal entries and reconciliations
- Prepare monthly schedules and analysis, primarily in the form of fluctuation analyses, to support corporate financial reporting requirements
- Ensure timely resolution and escalation of outstanding reconciling items
- Meet corporate financial closing and reporting requirements and deadlines
- Respond timely to internal and external audit requests
- Identify and communicate process improvement and automation opportunities
- Interact regularly with line and corporate functions, such as Project Controllers, FP&A, Procurement, Technical Accounting, Financial Reporting, and Tax
- Oversee Suspense accounting process for entire enterprise
- Be a SME for team members acting as a senior member of immediate team
- Escalate unresolved issues to direct supervisor
- Assist the ORAC Accounting Management team as needed
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in accounting with progressive experience in the financial close process and leading processes.
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Effective leadership and communication (verbal, written, presentation) skills
- Public accounting experience
- Deltek Costpoint experience
- Blackline reconciliation software experience
- Knowledge of government contracting compliance requirements
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.