The Scrum Master will provide software development support from concept through development and integration to deployment of a large complex system. The successful candidate will have demonstrable skills as a Scrum Master including past experience in a leadership role as well as Agile practices. It desirable to have experience working with Scrum using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
Agile Ceremony Facilitation:
- Facilitate daily stand-ups, sprint planning, refinement, sprint review, retrospectives, and other related team and intra-team meetings
- Participate in sprint demonstrations and scrum of scrums
- Maintain and generate information radiators for the teams
- Collect and share team metrics with the team, suggest new metrics, and drive improvement using metrics
- Ensuring that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the team
- Ensuring that the technical team has a clear understanding of Definition of Done
- Drive stories to Ready state in preparation for the program increment and upcoming sprint
- Prepare for and facilitate sprint planning and program increment planning with the product owner and the team
- Work with the team and Product Owner/Manager to maintain a healthy backlog and plan upcoming releases and assist with drafting acceptance criteria
- Able to limit ego and the ‘desire to control’
- Foster team collaboration and timely communication
- Encourage team to be proactive during all phases of the sprint.
- Work with the team to adapt to changes that yield better results
- Encourage an experimental and fail-fast mindset
- Remove impediments to the team’s ability to perform by working closely with the team and stakeholders, including product owners, management, other teams, and the support organization
- Works with team to create and update team working agreement, the definition of ready, and definition of done
- Communicate the status of progress and impediments to internal and external stakeholders
- Facilitate cross-team coordination, tracking and following up with external dependencies
- Act as a buffer between external distractions and the team helping the team to keep focus.
- Protect the team and minimize disruptions.
- Builds high-performing teams by helping the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Build trust among team members.
- Encourages brain-storming and creative thinking. Encourages the team to be confident and courageous, thinking outside the box
- Capture agile metrics as required for program and corporate policy
Advice and Guidance:
- Coaches the team on agile and scrum principles with a goal of continuous improvement.
- Able to observe team dynamics, recognize strengths and weaknesses of individual team member's contributions, and coach them to improve.
- Create a fun sharing and learning environment, experimenting with various ideas to improve delivery including pair-programming and cross-functional training
- Promote teamwork to achieve sprint goals
- Lead the teams towards agile maturity
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, across diverse systems and groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline and at least 4 - 8 years of relevant experience or a Masters with at least 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience applying scrum and growing teams as a fulltime Scrum Master for 2 years or more
- Experience-affecting change in organizations working towards agile adoption
- Technology experience in software development, test, or systems engineering
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) or similar agile project management certification (PMI-ACP)
- Experience using agile project management tools (e.g. Jira, VersionOne, Rallye, IBM RTC)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Manages time extremely well, can quickly sense when an issue needs to be discussed or triaged
- Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical
- Experience working in with multi-disciplinary development teams
- SAFe experience is a plus
- Experience as a Scrum Master at an organization that is committed to using agile as a core methodology to deliver business value
- Experience in any part of the software development lifecycle is a plus - as the developer, tester, analyst, product manager, project/program manager, etc.
- Experience with applying test automation, test-driven development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment to achieve built-in quality by the team.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.