Technical Business Development Lead – Social Security Administration (SSA)
Leidos is seeking a Business Development professional to lead the business development and capture activities of the Leidos SSA portfolio by building upon existing SSA client relationships. This position location is in Baltimore, MD area, with local and extended travel expected up to 10% of the time. The position is focused on identifying, qualifying, and capturing opportunities within SSA programs, continuing to build the Leidos reputation and business pipeline, executing the BD process, maintaining a high win probability, and growing business within the SSA domain.
- Proactively identify new business opportunities.
- Perform market research and understand the clients Strategic Goals and objectives in order to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budgets, technical capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
- Position Leidos capabilities and solutions with prospective customers, and help develop win strategies and prime/subcontractor relationships to ensure high win position.
- Coordinate and conduct meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Work with program, technical and management team in call plan development and execution, and provide detailed reports on follow up activities after plan execution.
- Serve as Capture Manager for selected opportunities, either all the way to award or in the early capture phase.
- Participate as required in the Leidos business development process, including pipeline reviews, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, and proposal reviews.
- Collaborate with Leidos Account Managers, IDIQ PMs, other BD personnel and capture and line management to support cross enterprise objectives and customer engagement.
- Support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline.
- Interact routinely with various levels of management, functional leads, other staff, and customers.
- Brief business development status to senior management when material changes occur and as required by the Leidos business development process.
- Mentor less-experienced business development professionals in effective business development approaches and techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred in related technical field, and 15+ years in a Business Development position. (Additional education, training or experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- Proven track record of successful business development at a variety of acquisition sizes within the Federal marketplace.
- Strong influencing, presentation and professional sales skills.
- Experience shaping, winning, and executing U.S. Federal Civilian competitive contract opportunities
- A good understanding of government procurement and government contract vehicles with demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Demonstrated access to key SSA customers and industry partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant BD activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans.
- Prior experience supporting business development and capture efforts for Health agencies.
- Candidates must be US Citizens and be eligible to obtain a security clearance.
- A technical degree is highly desired.
- Strong, respected relationships within the SSA community
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos.
- Self-starter and ability to manage time independently without direct supervision.
- The ability to operate at the senior level and influence, negotiate and close.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.