The Antarctica Support Contract (ASC) is seeking candidate for the position of Director, Business Operations and Controls. The selected candidate will lead an integrated team of professionals in Finance, Procurement, Subcontracts, Human Resources, Estimating, Scheduling, Project Controls and Contracts. This position will serve as a critical element of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and independently report directly to the ASC Project Director.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a member of the SLT
- Maintains the highest level of commitment to safety, quality, compliance and internal controls in adherence to company values and ethics
- Responsible for development and submittal of the multi-year Annual Program Plan (APP), with input from NSF and ASC Management.
- Oversee the successful combining of the Integrated Master Schedule and Budget Analyst groups to ensure accurate financial data and completion of Annual Program Plan
- Oversee process of preparation, accuracy, timeliness, and maintenance of budgets and schedules for all project work and project performance reporting such as resources/funding profiles and variance analysis
- Develop and maintain the performance reporting processes in narrative, numeric and graphic form that accurately reflect the correct financial and schedule status of a project which compares actual performance with planned performance and explains deviations from the plan
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project performance and for interventions and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients as necessary
- Responsible for coordinating any contract modifications or official letters related to contract values, funding, reprogramming, billable fee, award fee and anything financial related
- Interacts with ASC SLT, NSF Management, and Leidos Management to coordinate budgetary requirements, review financial information, and implement financial controls. This includes providing management with the financial information necessary to make policy decisions
- Manages local procurement functions including negotiation, supplier sourcing, product development, and insures supplier compliance to purchase order and subcontract terms and conditions
- Manages the development and organization of cost methods and procedures. Develops estimating and budget data, and cost rates. Projects costs of new projects
- Ensures that all ASC financial activities are performed in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, standards and codes imposed by the Antarctic Treaty and the U.S. Government
- Direct the contract function with a focus on administration of prime contracts and subcontracts involving the U.S. Government
- Oversight of the development of all cost and business proposals prior to senior management review and submission to ensure compliance with the RFP, regulatory requirements and corporate policy
- Heads a centralized estimating activity that manages enterprise wide cost estimating process
- Manages cost estimating process issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality and client satisfaction goals and objectives
- Provides information, counseling and support to management on employment and management issues, planning and staff development
- Responsible for the planning and delivery of the Business Operations and Controls team’s work scope; develops and administers budgets, schedules, and performance standards
- Develops leadership, talent and diversity strategies across the areas of responsibility, integrating into enterprise plans
- Influence and impact strategy for the program in the area of Business Operations and Controls; champion and lead innovative change and continuous improvement initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related discipline
- 10-15 years of related experience
- 5+ years of direct experience managing individual contributors and subordinate managers
- 5+ years of experience leading and participating in cross-functional teams
- Experience with technical and project management
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Prior experience working technical services with a federal customer in a highly regulated environment
- Relevant knowledge of Earned Value Management
- Familiarity with relevant standards (FAR, ISO, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of the program / product lifecycle in one or more of the following in the areas: design, supply chain management, receiving operations, production control, product test & evaluation, reliability, root cause analysis, and/or shipping and product support
- Competent in risk management practices
- Demonstrated success leading broad organizations within cost and schedule
- Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt (or higher) certification to drive continuous improvement
- Demonstrate a proven track record of solving complex problems through systematic and objective evaluation of information resulting in effective communication, championing, and implementation of change with a diverse set of internal and external customers and suppliers
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.