The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Cyber Capabilities and Requirements Analyst supporting the Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O) contract at Ft. Meade, MD.
In this role, you will support gap analysis activities by comparing, documenting, and reporting shortfalls in proposed cyber capabilities. You will also assess how well a capability meets the requirement, document any gaps that may exist, and ensure that the capability aligns with Department of Defense (DoD) and cyber policy and meets the intent of the development objective or capability.
- Develop architecture and business models/diagrams, such as system and operational views, process flow diagrams and system architecture, to aide in identifying capability gaps and documenting the as-is and to-be capabilities.
- Identify and recommend cyberspace operations best practices, streamline processes, and methods to integrate emerging cyber technologies.
- Provide written documentation to address areas of concern for shortfalls and recommend courses of action (COAs) to fulfill Department Of Defense Information Network (DODIN) Operations and Defensive Cyber Operations-Internal Defensive Measures (DCO-IDM) gaps and capability requirements.
- Translate user requirements and technology trends into recommendations that provide senior leadership with a flexible, cost-effective and technical framework that will adapt to the constantly changing cyber threat.
- Collaborate with internal and external organizations to define capability requirements and recommend solutions.
- Prepare and deliver operational capability requirements specification and provide regular updates to JFHQ-DODIN leadership.
- Provide recommendations to developers and users on the technical aspects of DODIN Operations and DCO-IDM capability requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 8+ years of overall related experience. 4+ years of additional related experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance and eligible for Polygraph.
- Previous experience with cybersecurity developer role or related functional area.
- Creation and dissemination of orders and directives to provide guidance to the DoD community.
- Staff experience researching and writing white papers, compliance reports and assessment reports in support activities for defining policy.
- Ability to develop briefing materials, administrative, and logistics support.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively, including public speaking, and briefing senior officers
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Security +
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified
- Project Management experience
- Advanced communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Strong Interpersonal, organizational and critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Flexible, dependable and be able to multi-task with priorities.
- Demonstrated experience of providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to perform duties in the Department of Defense’s (DOD) classified and unclassified environments including JWICS, SIPRNET, and NIPRNET
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.