The Guidance Navigation and Control Department of the Leidos Innovation Center develops and deploys cutting edge alternative positioning systems for customers who can’t rely on GPS alone, and we need your help in the Rocket City (Huntsville, AL)! In this position you’ll be working on a mix of analytical and hands-on tasks including algorithm development, analysis, simulation, and field testing of autonomous navigation systems. Your group primarily supports research and development as well as advanced prototyping for customers including DARPA, NASA, Air Force Research Laboratory, Office of Naval Research, and the Army Aviation and Missile Research Development and Engineering Center. These customers need to get our advanced technology into the field! You’ll be a part of more than one small team of engineers (typically 3-5) working together in spiral or agile development environments to meet aggressive customer schedules aimed at near-term field demonstrations of advanced capabilities. You’ll get to go demo your work in the field in front the customer! Are you excited about making advanced technologies work in the real world? Then we want you on our team!
Fun stuff on the job you will get to do:
- Develop, integrate, and analyze computer vision techniques (including feature extraction, feature matching, optical flow, visual odometry, and Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM) functions) and more
- Develop, integrate, and analyze machine learning algorithms, including deep convolutional neural networks, image segmentation networks, image matching networks, and more
- Develop and utilize simulation testbeds to support algorithm testing and assessment
- Travel with your team to demo your system to the customer on a variety of platforms, including aircraft, ground vehicles, pedestrians, and naval ships. Testing typically lasts for 1-2 weeks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- US Citizenship required, must be eligible to obtain security clearance
- Strong experience with C++ and/or Python
- Experience with OpenCV computer vision library or similar
- Experience with open source machine learning tools such as PyTorch, Caffe, TensorFlow, etc…
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience with sensor fusion/estimation algorithms (e.g. Kalman Filters, Particles Filters, or Factor Graphs),
- Master’s Degree in major listed above
- Experience with the Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Experience with interface communication standards / protocols including RS232, RS422, TCP/IP, and UDP to communicate with various sensors
- Experience programming in MATLAB
- Experience with autonomous system development through robotics competitions
- Experience with real-time operating systems including VxWorks, Integrity, and LynxOS
- Experience with the Linux operating environment
- Experience working with various sensor types (Inertial Measurement Units, GPS, cameras, LiDAR, etc.)
- Experience using version control tools (GIT, Subversion, etc).
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Signal Processing Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.