Leidos is trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to our Power Delivery Services for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
Currently, we have an opportunity for a Distribution Engineering Manager in our Framingham, MA office.
The successful candidate will manage a large team and oversee and be responsible for the development of high quality construction work packages for electric distribution systems using various software systems and construction standards. Distribution systems may be in an OH, UG, or URD environment. Project work will include all aspects of Distribution Engineering from the substation fence to the end customer. Candidate will be responsible for:
1) Managing a team over 50 engineers.
2) Hiring engineers and staff to accommodate workload
3) Managing existing workload and monitor Scope, Schedule, Budget
4) Tracking and reporting of financial metrics
5) Winning / developing new work
6) Client management
Position will require qaqc and oversight of engineering calculations that may include: structural analysis of poles, guying, cable pulling, electric demand, fault currents, and coordination of protective devices. Candidate will need to understand how to direct engineers to : prepare forestry trimming requests, facilitate permit and Right-of-Way acquisition, develop a BOM, and estimate costs.
Required Experience & Education:
• Bachelors of Science in Engineering degree (EE preferred) with 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters degree with 10+ years relevant experience. Relevant experience is either working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company, performing design engineering
• Experience as a first line supervisor
• Experience with the National Electric Safety Code (NESC) and client construction standards
• Experience with Business Development, developing proposals, pricing & client interviews
• Experience using CAD tools
• Experience with software such as: PoleForeman, Bentley OpenUtilities Designer, GE Smallworld, Maximo or similar products
• Experience with complex projects in distribution design: using medium voltage switchgear, voltage conversion projects, distribution automation projects
• Experience with development of civil & electrical packages associated with complex cable/conduit in dense urban environments
• Successful project management experience (initiate, plan, execute, monitor & control, closeout)
• Must be comfortable in both a field and office setting
• Professional Engineer preferred
• Experience with designing secondary networks
• PMP certification
• Professional attributes
• Strong communication skills, written and interpersonal communications skills
• Ability to work effectively in teams.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Distribution Design Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.