Leidos’s Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group currently has an opening for a Senior Security Analyst in Austin, TX to support Enterprise Security Architecture (ESA) contract.
The selected candidate will have IT experience with Cyber Security Policy and threat mitigation. Must have knowledge and experience in Cyber Security Tools, network topologies, intrusion detection, PKI, and secured networks. Knowledge of implementation and security levels and roles necessary for successful deployment. The Senior Security Analyst analyzes system security in accordance with DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) on Windows and Unix systems, network devices (firewalls, routers, and switches), web server and database applications and is expected to understand and apply knowledge of INFOSEC principles to network protocols, architectures, equipment, services, standards and technology. The Cyber Security Specialist will support the current DoD system to obtain and maintain a reciprocity authorization with the Department of Veterans Affairs. Some domestic travel can be expected.
- Perform risk assessments and security testing as part of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) Assessment and Authorization (A&A) Process.
- Manage pipeline of upcoming assessments and de-conflict resourcing issues within overall A&A program.
- Develop, document, and implement process changes that lead to improved efficiency and depth of assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct root cause analysis when identifying problems.
- Proactively monitoring the security, capacity and availability of an enterprise network.
- Assessing security controls in accordance to security standards, frameworks, laws and policies.
- Conducting security control assessment interviews with information system security stakeholders, collect and review artifacts and evidence for compliance with security controls, document and update security assessment results.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and regulations to include National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
- Perform automated system security scans using Nessus.
- Configure, scan and harden Windows and Linux systems, and Oracle databases.
- Conduct manual security checks for Windows/Linux systems (STIG checklist).
- Draft, track, and update technical reports.
- Collect, track, and manage security artifacts and documentation.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Assurance or related field and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Eight additional years of experience is acceptable in lieu of degree.
- Moderate experience in CND, CNE and computer network attack tools and techniques.
- Moderate experience in continuous IA Vulnerability Assessment (VA) risk assessment and remediation activities.
- Experience/expertise in some the following areas: Linux, Windows, Nessus, VMWare, Splunk, Scripting, Securing Operating Systems, Vulnerability Assessment (testing, risk and impact assessment, findings, mitigation/justifications), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and Identity Management.
- DoD 8570 Certification (IAT Level II).
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust
- CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker.
- CISM: Certified Information Security Manager.
- CompTIA Security+
- CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional.
- GSEC: SANS GIAC Security Essentials.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.