Leidos is seeking experienced engineers to join our Cognitive Electronic Warfare (COGEW) business area, where a smart, diverse, and experienced team is creating innovative, next-generation Artificial Intelligence (AI) capabilities within the Leidos Innovation Center (LInC). You will develop state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms, models, and software in the RF domain (e.g., communications, radar, electronic warfare, spectrum sensing, and signals intelligence) for simulation environments and real-time systems. You will also contribute to technology developments in signal processing, optimization, detection & estimation, deep learning, and adaptive decision and control. You should have experience in one, or more, of the following: applied machine learning, radar/signal processing, military or intelligence systems/software engineering, models & simulation.
• Designs and develops methods, algorithms, models, code, and systems-of-systems implementing AI technologies and analytical functions employing machine-learning libraries and approaches.
• Works within/leads multi-disciplined Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) teams.
• Participates in lab and field tests.
• Engages in multiple projects.
• Supports business capture activities and proposal development.
• Active US Secret clearance / SAP
• Experience using mathematical modeling tools and languages; such as MATLAB, Python, etc.
• Experience in being part of a multi-disciplinary project team in research or development.
• Good communication/presentation skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Applied Math, Computer Science / Machine Learning, or similar field, and 4-8 years of relevant experience.
• Active US TS/SCI clearance
• Experience in radar signal processing.
• Expertise in tools such as MATLAB, Linux, Mathematica, Python, Simulink - and languages such as C/C++, Java etc.
• Working knowledge of digital filtering, detection and estimation theory, linear algebra and stochastic processes.
• Familiarity with deep learning libraries, e.g., TensorFlow, Spark, Theano, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, Keras, Caffe, Nvidia Digits; and collaboration environments, e.g. Jupyter notebooks, PyCharm.
• Prior experience with CNNs, RCNNs, LSTMs, GANs, Autoencoders, Reinforcement Learning, etc.
• Master’s / Doctorate degree in Electrical Engineering, Applied Math, Computer Science / Machine Learning or similar field, and 2-6 years of relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.