The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Sr. Chemical Engineer to work in Pueblo, CO and the Pueblo Chemical Agent Destruction Pilot Plant (PCAPP) located on the Pueblo Chemical Depot. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience and expertise to support the United States Chemical Weapons destruction program.
- The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to; performing document reviews, technical research, equipment walk downs, interviews, and providing technical input associated with the Systems Contractor activities.
- Evaluate batch chemistry and chemical destruction effectiveness
- Evaluate material compatibility with chemicals used in the facility
- Field validation of chemical storage and hazardous materials management
- Field validation of chemical management and handling unit installation
- Observe Systems Contractors’ activities and provide insight related to investigation or testing of demilitarization process chemistry issues and provide technical input to the Government to include technical approach, progress, and potential issues and risks related to process chemistry.
- Review of Engineering Change Proposals and temporary configuration changes and provide technical input to the Government pertaining to the justification, cost and schedule impacts, and configuration management requirements. Support the Government configuration control board and provide technical input to assist the Government in resolving technical issues and interface with the Systems Contractor to collect, review, analyze, and evaluate technical data.
- Review Systems Contractor design documentation and attend ongoing reviews, status meetings, and design discussions and provide technical input to the Government to support their evaluation of the PCAPP design, configuration management process, and configuration documentation.
- Review Field Change Notices, Field Change Requests, Design Change Notices, Supplier Deviation Requests, and Non Compliance Reports and provide technical input to the Government to assist the Government in evaluating whether the PCAPP (to include the Main Plant and Static Detonation Chamber (SDC)) design documentation is in compliance with the accepted design and the constructed facility.
*This position will be certified and expected to participate is a rotating shift work schedule.
- Requires a Bachelors Degree in engineering or technical discipline and 8 years of work experience (additional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree) OR a Masters Degree and 6 years of work experience.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in chemical demilitarization, or equivalent chemical industry, processing operations to include process startup, operations and safety.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a NACi Clearance.
- Experience in Conduct of Operations and Government oversight.
- Must be able to work in a team-based environment.
- Must have the ability and desire to initiate and execute new projects.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Chemical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.