The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for an Operational Planner supporting the Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O) contract at Ft. Meade, MD.
In this role, you will enable Command and Control (C2) of the Department of Defense Information Network (DODIN) by providing technical expertise to assist in the deliberate and crisis action planning, coordination, and synchronization of Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO), and operation of DISA’s portion of the DoDIN.
- Provide input to address areas of concern for the development of requirements and cyberspace capabilities for securing, operating and defending the DISA’s portion of the DoDIN
- Assist in providing maneuver, fires and effects through the application of capabilities in and through the cyber domain. The Candidate shall assist in the creation and dissemination of orders and directives to provide guidance within DISA.
- Participate in command exercises; exercise support could require work to be conducted outside of normal business hours.
- Provide cyberspace operations support to include operational requirements development, gap analysis activities, operations orders process, operations assessment process, and critical technical research and analysis.
- Assist in identifying requirements and making recommendations for the prioritization of requirements for development. The Candidate shall support DCC’s requirements process through facilitation of and participation in requirement boards and working group activities.
- Support gap analysis activities by comparing, documenting, and reporting shortfalls in proposed cyber capabilities.
- Maintain a repository of Measures of Performance (MOPs) and Measures of Effectiveness (MOEs) metric results.
- Support and assist in writing orders
- Assess how well the capability meets the requirement, document any gaps that may exist, and ensure that the capability aligns with DoD and cyber policy and meets the intent of the development objective or capability.
- Provide written documentation to address areas of concern for shortfalls and recommend courses of action (COAs).
- Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years of related experience or Master’s Degree and 10 years of related experience
- Experience in developing plans that receive input from multiple units, and devising a final plan.
- Joint Force Planning Experience
- Technical understanding in some of the following areas: network communication using TCP/IP protocols, basic system administration, basic understanding of malware (malware communication installation, or malware types), or intermediate knowledge of computer network defense collection
- Experience in an Operations Center providing Senior Leaders specified reports based on information received from supporting units operations
- Experience at USCYBERCOMMAND or Cyber Service Centers or equivalent.
- Experience in COA development and analysis.
- In-depth understanding of the military Adaptive Planning Process.
- Proficient in developing briefing materials, administrative, and logistics support.
- Knowledge of the DoD architecture and associated management systems
- ITIL V3
- Experience briefing Senior Leaders
- Experience providing excellent customer service
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.