Leidos is seeking a Division Windows Systems Administrator - Senior to support the US Army Corps of Engineers ACE-IT Program.
The ideal candidate will provide systems administrative and technical support to the program's local division; associated districts, and enterprise operations to include but not limited to:
- Serve as Primary POC for local server, network and telecom repair of division and/or district infrastructure components
- Manage and monitor local server infrastructure to ensure consistent operation
- Coordinate local response to IAVA vulnerability remediation
- Ensure priority adjustment and supporting emergency situations are covered for all services and requirements
- Escalate local issues to the Leidos Division Manager
- Coordinate Level 3 support to the district technical personnel
- Primary escalation POC for after hours and VIP level support requests
- Responsible for monitoring local Service Delivery ticket queues so that aging tickets are given appropriate follow-up attention
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Mainframe, network, and work group server monitoring and management
- Coordinate and work with network administrators to ensure smooth operation
- Set up of administrator and service accounts
- Maintenance of system documentation
- Tune system performance
- Install system wide software and allocate mass storage space
- Evaluate vendor products and make recommendations for procurement of software and hardware
- Have oversight of installation and backup recovery
- Manage computing resource use policy development and standards for allocation
- Ensure data network availability
• Associates Degree; Bachelors degree preferred
• Usually requires 8+ years’ experience
• Current DoD 8570 Certification, IAT Level II (Comptia Security +CE and 1 qualifying Computing Environment certification (For example, Microsoft MCP certified, Comptia A+)
• Interim Secret Clearance required prior to start
• Strong analytical and follow through skills.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments.
• Ability to work well independently on defined tasks.
• Ability to work well as part of a team.
• Windows Server 2012; Active Directory
• Networking Technologies (DNS, DHCP, WINS)
• Cisco Telephony /Router Solutions.
• Experience maintaining Lexmark, HP, or Ricoh printer devices (i.e. installing maintenance kits).
• Prior USACE/ACE-IT experience.
• Experience working in a DoD environment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.